Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I'm in love with iOS 7. But the 2 apps I use most are crashing and freezing.

Every other video on vine plays the audio with no video. Have to refresh the video for it to load. Then it'll randomly freeze and crash after about a minutes worth of use.

Instagram, if scrolling quickly it'll freeze and crash. Also some pictures don't show and just show a grey image.

Anyone else experiencing this? Really considering dropping back down to 6. But I really am enjoying iOS 7

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada

Every other video on vine plays the audio with no video. Have to refresh the video for it to load. Then it'll randomly freeze and crash after about a minutes worth of use.

Instagram, if scrolling quickly it'll freeze and crash. Also some pictures don't show and just show a grey image.

Anyone else experiencing this? Really considering dropping back down to 6. But I really am enjoying iOS 7

... beta

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
You should not be using iOS 7 yet if you are not a developer. These kinds of bugs should be expected.

However, I too am experiencing the vine issues you mentioned.

Keep in mind iOS 7 is unfinished software.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
I'm getting sick of posts that clearly state that they're using iOS 7 BETA 1 as their daily driver and expecting absolutely no errors.
Since when a beta is deemed suitable for daily usage?
Did Apple say Oh we are perfect so our betas must be perfect as well?
If thats the case Apple should have release iOS 7 now to the public.

Enough ranting. I think the reason why vine and instagram are 'crashing and freezing' on iOS 7 is because of the new camera interface.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Vine is working very nicely on my iPhone 5 running the beta.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I'm getting sick of posts that clearly state that they're using iOS 7 BETA 1 as their daily driver and expecting absolutely no errors.

Enough ranting. I think the reason why vine and instagram are 'crashing and freezing' on iOS 7 is because of the new camera interface.

Calm down buddy. I never said I expected it to work perfectly. I'm merely just asking if anyone else is experiencing this as well. I know what a beta is and that bugs/glitches/crashes occur often. Also, please show me where in my original post I "expected absolutely no errors" in iOS7

Step off buddy.

----------

You should not be using iOS 7 yet if you are not a developer. These kinds of bugs should be expected.

However, I too am experiencing the vine issues you mentioned.

Keep in mind iOS 7 is unfinished software.

I do acknowledge it's still in the first beta. Again, I am not expecting perfection or no crashes/freezes. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. Thanks for your response.

----------

Vine is working very nicely on my iPhone 5 running the beta.

Very nice!

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Instagram hasn't crashed for me but I have been getting the pictures being greyed out from time to time. I'm sure there will be an update by the time iOS 7 is ready to come out of beta.

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
Calm down buddy.
Step off buddy.

He's not your buddy, guy!

Anyway, yeah. It's beta. Ranting was a bit extreme, but it seriously might be easier to make a new thread for each app that actually works since most will probably not work well.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Photo cropping service and video trimming service don't work. Sounds like iOS 7 just made your life better. :)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Calm down buddy. I never said I expected it to work perfectly. I'm merely just asking if anyone else is experiencing this as well. I know what a beta is and that bugs/glitches/crashes occur often. Also, please show me where in my original post I "expected absolutely no errors" in iOS7

Step off buddy.

----------

I do acknowledge it's still in the first beta. Again, I am not expecting perfection or no crashes/freezes. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. Thanks for your response.

----------

Very nice!

There's a thread for bugs and problems. It would probably be a better idea to post bugs and problems there instead of making a new thread for each one. I know you didn't mean any harm, but it is getting a little frustrating having the forum flooded with new semi-redundant topics every day.

gonzalo12345

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
how many times people need to be reminded

IOS7 IS IN BETA STAGES, APPS ARENT OPTIMIZED FOR IOS 7 YET!!!

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY

And I'm getting really sick of these useless posts. Everyone knows it's a beta and none of these posts are not complaining, they are simply asking for feedback from others if they are experiencing the same issues. What possible use are all these posts that say "Beta..."

For what it's worth Instagram has been working ok for me although when I scroll up my pictures turn gray... who knows on that one.

ejunior99

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
England
instagram fix

Enable microphone settings for instagram in the privacy setting and this will allow normal usage of instagram like on the ios6. :)

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
Instagram hasn't crashed once on me (iPhone 5) BETA 2.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Can't speak for Vine as I don't use it.

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
Instagram works without any issues on beta 2. Zero issues since. A all reset of settings and reinstall of those apps should fixed it.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011

Yes, just downgrade to iOS 6 and stop spamming the forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.