Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Javierto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
Need Help. Y try all, reset, chargers, cable, etc... Nothing can start up my iPhone 5.

Last night, I put in the usb charger (turn on), and in the morning I found off...

Itunes, my Macbook Air and my iMac can´t see it. Dont´t reset...

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Make sure you are using an official Apple cable and charger. When I use a third-party cable it actually DRAINS the battery right now.

Javierto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
DFU mode don´t working

I can´t put in DFU mode. No reset, I have no answer... Sorry my english it´s very poor.

I use original cable, original charger, original iPhone!!!! jajja... :(

It´s the IOs 7....

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
Need Help. Y try all, reset, chargers, cable, etc... Nothing can start up my iPhone 5.

Last night, I put in the usb charger (turn on), and in the morning I found off...

Itunes, my Macbook Air and my iMac can´t see it. Dont´t reset...

Have you tried a hard reset? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until it restarts.

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
try holding the power button and home button...for some reason mine died last night too =s

Javierto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
I try... for 15 secons, 20 secons, 1 minute... first power bottom, home... home power... + and - bootoms...

Completely died....

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
I try... for 15 secons, 20 secons, 1 minute... first power bottom, home... home power... + and - bootoms...

Completely died....

If you have access to another cable, try charging it directly from the wall for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the battery is dead, then that length of time should be enough to try a hard reset again. If you don't have access to another cable, or that doesn't work, then you probably need to take it to an Apple Store, if you live close to one.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Out of curiosity, did you obtain iOS7 the official way, or a third party? I'm just trying to figure out if the dead phones are an actual bug or if something is up with the "other" ways to obtain the beta.

Javierto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
If you have access to another cable, try charging it directly from the wall for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the battery is dead, then that length of time should be enough to try a hard reset again. If you don't have access to another cable, or that doesn't work, then you probably need to take it to an Apple Store, if you live close to one.

I try too... I have to take it to an Apple Store... but I´m not in EEUU... It´s a problem...

----------

Out of curiosity, did you obtain iOS7 the official way, or a third party? I'm just trying to figure out if the dead phones are an actual bug or if something is up with the "other" ways to obtain the beta.

Official, the iPhone run for 3 days...

cliffx

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I have the same problem, i left my iphone 5 charging during the night and when i woke up it was completely dead. I tried to put it in DFU mode, hard reset, etc. Nothing seems to work, i think the problem was caused due to overheat.

I tried to restore the phone using itunes and IOS7 but i get an error every time.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Ive never heard of a beta breaking an iPhone if it is done properly. Maybe an android but not an iPhone. I think that something must of happened here. Either way, there is one time my phone shut off mid charge and I tried to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on..So I pressed the home button and the on/off button at the same time for about 10 seconds and it worked! Try that!

----------

Completely died....

Just try holding the home button and on/off button AT SAME TIME..then WAIT. Let us know what happens

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have the same problem, i left my iphone 5 charging during the night and when i woke up it was completely dead. I tried to put it in DFU mode, hard reset, etc. Nothing seems to work, i think the problem was caused due to overheat.

I tried to restore the phone using itunes and IOS7 but i get an error every time.

Did you have any iOS 7 settings turned off, or where you running it as is? Was it plugged into a bare outlet, or a surge protector?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Installed iOS7 on mine the day before yesterday (got my replacement unit from Apple back then) and have been programming it since then. Haven't restored any kind of backup. (I've never did - let's keep the system clean.) Haven't enabled iCloud either after having found out it caused a lot of problems on the 3GS running on 6.1.3.

No crashes, no slowdowns, no 100% CPU usage issues. Absolutely no major problems here. In this regard, this b1 behaves much-much better than iOS5b1 did on the iPad1.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
If nothing works, then your best bet is to take it to an Apple store, or at least get them on the phone. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you if you're on the dev program and updated to ios 7 legitimately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
If nothing works, then your best bet is to take it to an Apple store, or at least get them on the phone. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you if you're on the dev program and updated to ios 7 legitimately.[/QUOTE]

Bad advice. The minute you mention iOS 7 and the device in the same breath they will not help you. The stores/phone support have zero support for beta software issues. OP stated there are no stores in their country. The best the OP can hope for is to be shown how to perform a DFU restore...but of course the OP already has that info here.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
As it clearly states when downloading iOS 7 on Apple's developer portal:

This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer
2) Using primary/everyday iPhone

Is just plain stupid. There's a reason it's a developer preview. It's not for being fancy and impress your friends with your iPhone running (a very buggy) iOS 7 beta. It's for developers to test their software to the new and updated API's to make it ready for iOS 7 when it is released to the public.

Sorry, but if you cannot get it into DFU and you are NOT a registered developer, you're out of luck.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Is just plain stupid. There's a reason it's a developer preview. It's not for being fancy and impress your friends with your iPhone running (a very buggy) iOS 7 beta. It's for developers to test their software to the new and updated API's to make it ready for iOS 7 when it is released to the public.

Sorry, but if you cannot get it into DFU and you are NOT a registered developer, you're out of luck.

So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer? Actually most of the people here are not developers! I used to flash roms on my android all the time, most of them were beta so I'm no stranger to tweaking phones! How is it stupid if you know what you are doing?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer? Actually most of the people here are not developers! I used to flash roms on my android all the time, most of them were beta so I'm no stranger to tweaking phones! How is it stupid if you know what you are doing?

Why exactly do you have it on your phone? Aren't betas released for a specific purpose, and specifically for developers?

Walter White

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
Why exactly do you have it on your phone? Aren't betas released for a specific purpose, and specifically for developers?

What difference does it make? He can do whatever he wants, but on the other hand he shouldn't be coming here to cry if something bad happens (duh). He knew full well that there are some dangers (same thing holds for developers). If he didn't then it worse.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Your lecture is a little premature as the OP never once said he wasn't a developer.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer?

I wouldn't say stupid just not very smart. But remember that you are the one telling people that installing ios 7 on top of an ios 6 fresh install with mean something.....And those meaningless surveys....my goodness.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Read post number 10 again, it indicates he might likely be a developer.

And please, just like anyone with a blog or message board profile can claim to be a journalist, anyone with an Apple device or PC can claim to be a developer. I know a few developers and some engineers I work with that for one reason or another shouldn't even be in the business.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.