Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I updated the phone to Beta 2 a little while ago. It's now available for the iPad. Haven't decided if I want to put it on that yet. My kids will be upset if some of their apps don't work.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
No. Absolutely no one in the world is running it... No one.

Kids don't need to play on an iPad.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I updated the phone to Beta 2 a little while ago. It's now available for the iPad. Haven't decided if I want to put it on that yet. My kids will be upset if some of their apps don't work.

Then don't do it. Because the chance of an app not working is rather high.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Happy kids with love in their heart for dad is the best! :)

I was wondering if anyone here was running it yet. Just saw one for the iPad 2. Everything else is iPad so I was looking for feedback.

The iPad is a great leaning and entertainment device for kids. They do their homework on it, play games and watch Netflix. Their LeapPads are pretty much paperweights now. Very rarely get used.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Modern yuppy parenting. It's getting harder to find parents who give their kids real toys.

It's all about Netflix, games or YouTube.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I have it going on my Mini. It looks really beautiful, especially the lock screen. I have had some weirdness in Safari, does not like to auto rotate. I think iOS7 is going to sell a few million White iPad's when it's released :p Really makes the device look beautiful. In many ways, I feel like 7 is more of a tablet OS that is downsized on the phone, rather than the other way around.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Modern yuppy parenting. It's getting harder to find parents who give their kids real toys.

Plus Raz-kids
extramath
funbrain
aplusmath
setgame
thatquiz
coolmath4kids
mathplayground

and a bunch of other learning sites that they go on.

Now, back to what I asked. How's Beta 2 working on the iPad?

(and thanks to those that provided feedback already! :) )

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Plus Raz-kids
extramath
funbrain
aplusmath
setgame
thatquiz
coolmath4kids
mathplayground

and a bunch of other learning sites that they go on.

Now, back to what I asked. How's Beta 2 working on the iPad?

(and thanks to those that provided feedback already! :) )

Seems to be working fine. It doesn't seem better or worse than beta 2 is on the iPhone.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here

Screw technological advancements, screw all the new educational tools that involve those moving picture thingamabobs, just give your kids "real toys". If it was done one way in the past, it should never be done another way. Ever.

To get back on topic and respond to the OP, I don't recommend putting *any* iOS 7 beta on your iPad if your kids are going to be using it. Like other people have pointed out, even if it ends up running well on your iPad, app crashes could make it essentially useless depending on whether or not the apps you and your kids use actually work or not.

As far as glitches go, the iPad versions of iOS 7 seem to be behind the iPhone/iPod touch versions. Just my personal observation, your mileage may vary.

imaginex20

macrumors 65832
Jun 17, 2009
I just installed beta 2 on my iPad 3 and it's laggy as hell (I know its beta!!). Stay on iOS 6 :)

jaycarroll

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Denville, NJ
It's fine really, although feels more like a beta 1. There are a few UI inconsistencies and sluggishness. I reset all settings again this time, which again helped.

Apps so far are stable, nothing like the first iPhone beta.

Nanookfan

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
I've been running it on an iPad 2 for a few hours now and so far it's doing quite well. Most of my main apps are working but I haven't been through everything. That being said, if it's for your kids you might want to wait since there are no guarantees all your apps will work.

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
iPad 3 user here, and it's been pretty laggy. Especially compared to the iPhone 5. Lots of weird bugs and glitches that haven't occurred on the iPhone side of things. Definetly would hold off until possibly another beta.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I too have the iPad 3 here and it's pretty laggy for me as well. Especially typing, holy cow there is a crazy delay sometimes. I can be halfway thru my sentence before the letters finally catch up.

Folder animations are pretty choppy too. Haven't put it thru any intense games yet though. Just regular web browsing and trying to see what would crash the springboard. So far, a lot does. I've crashed this thing about 6 or 7 times in the last couple hours so far. I would hold off for a later beta.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Toys? What kind of waste of time is that? Kids ought to be in the field planting and harvesting to stock up for winters ahead and not playing around!

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
How does it play with an iPad 4?
People with IOS7 on iPhone 5 as well, would you say about the same performance?

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
I got it on the iPad 3. Love it so much! The default galaxy lockscreen and homescreen wallpapers are simply gorgeous on a big screen. I'm leaving those as it is. Hehe! Anyways, to those who are experiencing lags, maybe you would want to try "Reset All Settings". I did that straight after updating my iPad 3 to iOS 7. Maybe that's the thing that straighten out all those lags. It seemed to be the case on my iPhone 4S. Doing that also seemed to have improved the battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.