Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I was asked for mine with the beta 2 install. I am guessing it has something to do with the new activation security theft feature? If I am not mistaken, there is a known icloud keychain bug with a work-around. Take a look at the release notes.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
Send your phone to me for diagnostics

pm me for my address:D:p

lmao

----------

I was asked for mine with the beta 2 install. I am guessing it has something to do with the new activation security theft feature? If I am not mistaken, there is a known icloud keychain bug with a work-around. Take a look at the release notes.

as long as im not the only one dealing with this one good. i just noticed no one was talking about it. thank you

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
lmao

----------

as long as im not the only one dealing with this one good. i just noticed no one was talking about it. thank you

One of these may fit your scenario.

"Activation Lock, a new feature of Find My iPhone, is turned on automatically when Find My iPhone is enabled on any device running iOS 7. Activation Lock requires users to enter their Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone, sign out of iCloud, erase the device, or reactivate the device after an erase. It’s important to sign out of iCloud, or choose Settings > General > Erase All Content and Settings, before transferring a device to a new user to allow them to use the device.

Known Issues

Signing out of an iCloud account with Find My iPhone turned on requires you to enter your Apple ID password. However, in some cases, the keyboard does not appear.
Workaround: Double-tapping the home button will bring up the keyboard.

On rare occasions, users might experience difficulties setting up iCloud Keychain on some of their devices.
Workaround: A temporary Reset iCloud Keychain button is available in iCloud Settings > Account > Account Security.

After users change their iCloud Security Code to Simple or Complex, they will not be able to recover their keychain items from the secure backup.
Workaround: Change the country code field under Account Security so that the user can receive the SMS Verification Code to complete the recovery process.

Sometimes when creating a new Apple ID and choosing to use iCloud in Setup Assistant, iCloud will not be turned on.
Workround: Go to Settings/iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID.

iCloud Keychain users who set up an additional device will receive an approval request to the other devices with iCloud Keychain turned on. The approval request will not be displayed if their screens are off and the devices are idle.
Workaround: Wake up any peer device to accept the approval request.

Users signing out of iCloud by deleting their iCloud account, erasing all contents and settings, or erasing the device via Find My iPhone and signing back in will not be presented with the correct iCloud Keychain setup screens.
Workaround: Use the seed-only iCloud Keychain Reset button.

Users who have a single device with iCloud Keychain on will not be presented with the correct iCloud Keychain setup screens after restoring from a backup.
Workaround: Use the seed-only iCloud Keychain Reset button."

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
One of these may fit your scenario.

"Activation Lock, a new feature of Find My iPhone, is turned on automatically when Find My iPhone is enabled on any device running iOS 7. Activation Lock requires users to enter their Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone, sign out of iCloud, erase the device, or reactivate the device after an erase. It’s important to sign out of iCloud, or choose Settings > General > Erase All Content and Settings, before transferring a device to a new user to allow them to use the device.

Known Issues

Signing out of an iCloud account with Find My iPhone turned on requires you to enter your Apple ID password. However, in some cases, the keyboard does not appear.
Workaround: Double-tapping the home button will bring up the keyboard.

On rare occasions, users might experience difficulties setting up iCloud Keychain on some of their devices.
Workaround: A temporary Reset iCloud Keychain button is available in iCloud Settings > Account > Account Security.

After users change their iCloud Security Code to Simple or Complex, they will not be able to recover their keychain items from the secure backup.
Workaround: Change the country code field under Account Security so that the user can receive the SMS Verification Code to complete the recovery process.

Sometimes when creating a new Apple ID and choosing to use iCloud in Setup Assistant, iCloud will not be turned on.
Workround: Go to Settings/iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID.

iCloud Keychain users who set up an additional device will receive an approval request to the other devices with iCloud Keychain turned on. The approval request will not be displayed if their screens are off and the devices are idle.
Workaround: Wake up any peer device to accept the approval request.

Users signing out of iCloud by deleting their iCloud account, erasing all contents and settings, or erasing the device via Find My iPhone and signing back in will not be presented with the correct iCloud Keychain setup screens.
Workaround: Use the seed-only iCloud Keychain Reset button.

Users who have a single device with iCloud Keychain on will not be presented with the correct iCloud Keychain setup screens after restoring from a backup.
Workaround: Use the seed-only iCloud Keychain Reset button."

i read those and i didn't see anything that matches...i will take a screenshot and then it will ask for my password.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.