Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
I have tried to reinstall the ios7 beta2 several times to no avail. I can't restore because find my ipad is on.
It wont let me downgrade to iOS6.
I got into the activation screen, and set it up, but now I cant get past the apple logo. It just shows the apple logo over and over. Will not start up.
What do I do!!???
I am a developer, and the device is registered. Its an iPad4. non cellular.

Thanks!

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Bricked means you can't get to DFU mode to restore. So do that, and then if you can't, not much can be done.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Just clean restored mine with zero problems.

Try backing everything up, installing fresh and then you can restore your info from iCloud.

aldejesus

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
PR
Having the same issue, restoring to iOS 6 and after that i will deactivate the Find my iPad feature. Then restoring to iOS 7 and will let you know if its solve.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I have tried to reinstall the ios7 beta2 several times to no avail. I can't restore because find my ipad is on.
It wont let me downgrade to iOS6.
I got into the activation screen, and set it up, but now I cant get past the apple logo. It just shows the apple logo over and over. Will not start up.
What do I do!!???
I am a developer, and the device is registered. Its an iPad4. non cellular.

Thanks!

If your a developer wouldn't you get better results if you posted this on Apple's Developer Forums? You would probably get better help there.

https://devforums.apple.com

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I thought bricked meant it was a dead, useless device?

That's what I always thought as well. But according to Wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(electronics)

"In one common sense of the term, "bricking" suggests that the damage, often a misconfiguration of essential on-board software, is so serious as to have rendered the device permanently unusable.

However, another use of the term "bricked" is understood to describe a situation where a device is unable to function even when the device does have potential to be recovered later to a working state. In this sense, the damage may be reversible; it is only during the period that it's unable to function that the device is deemed "bricked". This is often referred to as a "soft brick" whereas an unrecoverable device is a "hard brick"."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.