Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Just found this and found it pretty funny.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 708

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
She did that in iOS 6 if you asked her to tell you a story. She only did once in a while though. Most of the time she said you've probably heard it before.

nishimura

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Really? This is the first time it came up for me. Oh well :(

Yeah she talks about Eliza and stuff. But there are some weird things that I caught Siri saying that didn't make any sense.

pykd4Ys.jpg

What does that mean?

nishimura

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
I guess it was supposed to be a joke. I asked it again and it started speaking Latin. But Siri says alot of new stuff in this.

joshforman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2012
Yeah she talks about Eliza and stuff. But there are some weird things that I caught Siri saying that didn't make any sense.

What does that mean?

It's like saying a parrot talks. It doesn't.. It doesn't know what it's saying, it's just mimicking something it heard.

Siri doesn't speak, it just outputs words in a synthesized voice.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
This is how it responded to me. I asked it first and got the cuddle response, and my mate was then like maybe if you asked nicely, and he got that response :/. I think its kinda funny actually. I wonder if one day, she will be able to understand the emotions we are experiencing from our voices and answers based off of that.

Attachments

• IMG_2104.PNG
    IMG_2104.PNG
    294 KB · Views: 137

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It's like saying a parrot talks. It doesn't.. It doesn't know what it's saying, it's just mimicking something it heard.

Siri does have some artificial intelligence. It outputs words in a synthesized voice, but how did the words get made?

nishimura.

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013

Oh, I get it now. It makes sense. I'm guessing there should've been a comma after the word talk.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008

What does that mean?

It's saying "Dude, I'm not a person... I am actually just a software algorithm that turns text to speech..."

nishimura.

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
It's saying "Dude, I'm not a person... I am actually just a software algorithm that turns text to speech..."

Aah, it's clear to me now.

Wait... How can you be on wifi and on airplane mode?

Yeah, you can turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi, it's a quick way to save battery without having the cell signal still be on. :p

They really made an effort to make Siri better on this one, I love the Twitter integration and it no longer says, "I can't do that." as much.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Some new Siri fun...

Tell Siri: "I like your new voice."

You'll get several different responses. One is about not being ready for American Idol yet. Very clever.

nishimura2

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Siri has a lot of new features in this, including the ability to read stuff back to you that she couldn't before.

Basically any information that it pulls up, all you have to say is "Read it to me" and it does.

You can say, "Show me a picture of" and it'll show you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.