Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rofni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Hi,

I've just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS7 beta2.
First i tried to use OTA, everything downloaded and installed, but after login it got stuck for maybe 30 min on the loading screen ( apple logo with progress bar).
So i tried to hard reset, but no luck ...

I've tried to do a clean install, everything worked, then i tried to restore my iTunes iOS 7 beta 1 backup, got tesame problem, stuck on loading :(

Then i tried to do a clean install and restore a backup from iCloud, and guess what ? stuck on loading screen...

I really need my backup (for google authenticator etc ..)

Does anyone has any workarounds ?

Thank you

rofni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Yes, i have a developer account + my udid is registered.

nellyplatinum

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
i would help but as per forum rules we cant,just go to the developers site and ask for help there developer.apple.com

stevenamani

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Same Issue Here

I have had nothing but problems installing these betas unlike previous years. Now trying a clean restore to see how that works out

LuisGordon

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
solution

I had the same problem.

Connect iPhone to yout Mac/PC > hold ON/OFF and HOME button - both on the same time - till picture shows you connect iPhone to iTunes > restore > done

stevenamani

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
That works until

Thanks. That works until I try to restore my iOS 6 backup to it then its back to the stuck frozen Apple logo. The thought of setting it up as a new iPhone drains my mojo

stevenamani

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Find my iPhone the Culprit???

The problem might be having Find My iPhone enabled in the previous backup. If anyone has time to:
- downgrade to iOS 6
- turn off Find My iPhone
- back up to iTunes
- update to beta 2

Otherwise I will give this a shot tomorrow

stevenamani

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Solution

I managed to find a way around this but its long winded
- downgrade to iOS 6
- update to iOS 7 beta 1
- update to iOS 7 beta 2

ahjame

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Hi,

I've just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS7 beta2.
First i tried to use OTA, everything downloaded and installed, but after login it got stuck for maybe 30 min on the loading screen ( apple logo with progress bar).
So i tried to hard reset, but no luck ...

I've tried to do a clean install, everything worked, then i tried to restore my iTunes iOS 7 beta 1 backup, got tesame problem, stuck on loading :(

Then i tried to do a clean install and restore a backup from iCloud, and guess what ? stuck on loading screen...

Does anyone has any workarounds ?

Thank you

Im having the same exact same problem there. I updated OTA and im stuck at the progress bar with the apple logo and unfortunately i cannot clean restore because my laptop now cannot detect my phone when i plug it in. please help!

mmemichi

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
hi,

i also tried the OTA-Update from beta1 to beta 2 and my phone got stuck on loading screen. i tried to restore beta 1, than updating to beta 2. it worked for now. but i got that screen back when i tried to restore my data.

…now I'm back at beta1 and probably I'll wait until beta 3.

greetings from switzerland,
michael

macrune

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Im having the same exact same problem there. I updated OTA and im stuck at the progress bar with the apple logo and unfortunately i cannot clean restore because my laptop now cannot detect my phone when i plug it in. please help!

You will need to put your phone into DFU mode to restore it:
  • Attach the phone to the pc
  • Turn the phone off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now you should be able to restore your device from iTunes.

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.

frangramigna

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
  • Turn the phone off
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now you should be able to restore your device from iTunes.

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.

i v done it… when restoring the back up the iphone restarts and get stuck when the logo is loading… so for mi case the only way out is to restore again to ios 7 beta 1.. restore my back up and wait for beta 3….

thomi93

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013

I have done that for the second time. Freeze - downgrade - upgrade - still freezes at the loading bar..

I think i will downgrade again and wait for beta 3.

SpectreChavez

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
My iPhone has the same problem but the lock button is broken and iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone when I plug it in :/

macrune

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Second time unlucky. I give up. Downloading the ipsw file for Beta 2, but I'm not sure if I'll use it.

ahjame

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
  • Turn the phone off

dayyum man!! thank you so much! saved me!

elpamyelhsa

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
Geraldton, Western Australia
The problem might be having Find My iPhone enabled in the previous backup. If anyone has time to:
- downgrade to iOS 6
- turn off Find My iPhone
- back up to iTunes
- update to beta 2

Otherwise I will give this a shot tomorrow

Finally got it to upgrade

After having an iPhone 5 stuck at 5%, tried rebooting 3 times.
Restored to Beta 1, Restored Backup from iCloud, Turned off Find My iPhone, OTA Beta 2, Dead again, Restored to Beta 1, Restored Backup, Reset All Settings in General > Reset, OTA Beta 2 and it works now.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
And people still call me "idiot" for saying beta 2 has a bug in the restore/update process.

DRP96

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Same problem

I'm having the same problem...
Yesterday I tried to do the OTA update from beta 1 to 2 on my iPhone 5 -> Stuck at progress bar.. After a few hours I resetted the iPhone and did a clean install with iTunes, what worked until I restored it from the iCloud Backup -> stuck at progress bar (for more than 6 hours).. I tried everything now, restore to beta 1, restore from backup, update via iTunes, but it's always somewhere stuck.
Now I'll try to restore from the backup in beta1, deactivate Find my iPhone and then I'll reset it to beta2 and try to restore it from the Backup without find my iphone... Hope this will work :/ Since yesterday I can't really use my iPhone anymore

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
I'm having the same problem...
Yesterday I tried to do the OTA update from beta 1 to 2 on my iPhone 5 -> Stuck at progress bar.. After a few hours I resetted the iPhone and did a clean install with iTunes, what worked until I restored it from the iCloud Backup -> stuck at progress bar (for more than 6 hours).. I tried everything now, restore to beta 1, restore from backup, update via iTunes, but it's always somewhere stuck.
Now I'll try to restore from the backup in beta1, deactivate Find my iPhone and then I'll reset it to beta2 and try to restore it from the Backup without find my iphone... Hope this will work :/ Since yesterday I can't really use my iPhone anymore

Did you try Resetting all settings while in Beta 1 before doing beta 2?

----------

There are ways around this. Authorize your computer with google. Reset your phone, go to google and go activate your phone. Since the computer is authorized it should not ask for the 2 step. Also with 2 step you should have backup codes and a backup number.

I did this exact same thing and I was able to add my phone back to authenticator without a 2 step verification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.