Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is continuing its new 'Designed by Apple' branding campaign with a new two-page print advertisement spotted by 9to5Mac in the Toronto Star. It's likely the print campaign will extend to other newspapers as well.

The text in the ad is identical to that used on Apple's website for the campaign.

designedbyappleprint.jpg
Along with this new print ad, Apple has been running the new 60-second 'Our Signature' spot in a wide television campaign, and it's been reported that other ads in the campaign will be following in the coming months.

Update: Apple's "Designed by Apple" feature page contains four different background images, and it appears that Apple is indeed running corresponding print ads in various newspapers, with a different version appearing in the Chicago Tribune.

designed_by_apple_print_2.jpg

Article Link: Apple Continues 'Designed by Apple' Campaign With Double-Page Print Ad

Cjm1

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Very different move from Apple. But i really like it. Its very similar to the Apple ads from the 80s when the Macintosh came out

Teddy's

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Toronto
I think they are going the nike way. Soon, there won't be any gadget or tech info in their website but training routines and follow us everywhere's. In UI font.

dennno

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
Whether you like Apple or not you have to admit that the Apple brand is powerful. People only need a small glimpse of the white earphones and they know it's Apple.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
They designed a sweaty dude wearing an arm band who needs a haircut?

Right, because people who have just finished doing workouts have perfect wall street hairdos filled with hair gel, and are freshly showered with clean dry clothes. Do you want reality using Apple's products or do you want Vogue? ;)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I think they are going the nike way. Soon, there won't be any gadget or tech info in their website but training routines and follow us everywhere's. In UI font.

When Steve gave that motivational talk when he came back to Apple didn't he use Nike has an example of a great brand?

This ad campaign is so much better than the stuff we got last year. I hope they stick with it, even when new products come out later this year.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Newspaper advertising, maybe the next they should add a telegraph modem to their next line of products also.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Is that really a sweaty dude who has been running with an iPod though, or is it a cheeky tease for an up-coming iCYBORG?! :eek:

Mr.Dave

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2013
NJ, USA
Definitely classy ... I like how Apple isn't trying to take any shots at its competitors. Pretty stark contrast to Samsung's "Next Big Thing" ads of late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.