Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Dear iPad mini owners,

Unlike other 7" tablets, the iPad mini's 7.9" makes it too large to fit inside a business suit breast pocket. In my view, this 0.9" larger screen size negates the portability aspect of the tablet. I am unsure why no one else seems concerned about this. I suppose it is perhaps most people do not wear suits, or those that do tend to carry the iPad in their bags or brief cases. But this is definitely a problem for those office workers who prefer to walk around with their hands free.

Anyway, I am looking a holster-like accessory that would allow me to carry the iPad mini underneath my suit. I have not had much success. Please let me know if you have seen something like this, or have other ideas on how to carry the iPad mini.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Thanks to peeaanuut, here's a photo of what I am looking for, but for the iPad mini instead of the iPhone.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb9e/?i=11514

Last edited:

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Try Etsy. There are thousands of handmade designs for holsters, totes, etc. for just about any sized device.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Thank you for your prompt replies!

SpyderBite: Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking whether anyone from Kickstarter would come up with something. I've looked through the first 20 pages of Etsy's search results but don't see anything relevant yet. I'll keep an eye on it though.
http://www.etsy.com/search?q=ipad+mini&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

peeaanuut: Yup! Exactly like that. Hopefully, if they have it for the iPhone, they would probably make one for the iPad mini in a couple of months.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Hi normwood. Honestly don't know if you can just increase the size of an inner pocket. Just try to visualise how it can be done. As least it sounds like a lot of work and won't come cheaply. Since I have around half a dozen suits that I wear regularly, it might end up costing over half the price of the mini itself. For that price, I could probably own a Nexus 7 that fits in my pocket.

LTAZR1

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Holster for iPads

Check out Techslinger.com or on YouTube search Techsling for a way to carry an iPad under a jacket or suit coat.

Nathan

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Thank you No6. I was again scouring the net for something similar just this past weekend, and found two great choices.

Tech Slinger - ($65) appears to be the better of the two, with the pros being: 1. a modular system, 2. allows for two pockets on either side, 3. comes in different sizes for 11 inch tablet and 8 inch tablets. [Thanks LTAZR1 for the recommendation.]

eHolster - ($40) would be good for those who only need to hold one tablet, and want the whole thing to also carry their phone, batteries, and other cables. This versatility in having multiple compartments might add to the bulk though.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I actually have a mini.
It's in a rather thin case (covers back and edges) and has a integrated smart cover.

I would not feel comfortable with the butler as I'd be afraid the whole butler clip would fall off of the belt, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.