Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
He/she use to be able to turn on the flashlight in beta 1. Now he/she just responds with "sorry, I'm not able to do that". I'd really like this function back!

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
It takes longer to tell Siri to turn on the flashlight than if you just slide up for control center and tap it...

Eeko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
It takes longer to tell Siri to turn on the flashlight than if you just slide up for control center and tap it...

I really don't think this is a good reason to remove a feature. It was nice to have the option.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Isn't Siri supposed to be able to set the brightness too? She can't do that either now.

This one was actually useful, as you could be driving and the bright screen is distracting. You just ask Siri to set it to 25% or whatever without having to take your eyes off the road.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Okay, maybe it was a fluke. Siri at least shows me the control now. Not sure what was happening before, maybe a bad connection to the Siri servers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.