Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CptNarcolepsy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have honestly been enjoying iTunes radio, despite the crappy artwork from this album, i feel that it has looked quite nice and is easy to use. I was wanting to know what other people's thoughts were on it?
BNEEoCWCIAICH_d.jpg:small

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I asked before and I don't think anybody answered. Can you use Siri to control it (skip, pause, etc)?

Jab00

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
I have been meaning to ask this and now that I saw a thread about iTunes Radio I figure I might as well ask... But what is the limit on skips currently? I have been messing around with it some and am really liking it but have run into a skip limit of 6 skips per hour per station... are other people finding this too? Oh and also from my findings it appears you can make multiple of the same station and get the 6 more skips!:D

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I have been meaning to ask this and now that I saw a thread about iTunes Radio I figure I might as well ask... But what is the limit on skips currently? I have been messing around with it some and am really liking it but have run into a skip limit of 6 skips per hour per station... are other people finding this too? Oh and also from my findings it appears you can make multiple of the same station and get the 6 more skips!:D

6 skips (it seems) per hour per radio.

--

I really like iTunes Radio so far. Since I don't download my own music because I usually use pandora, it's nice being able to have a music solution and having it built in to the Music app.

Jab00

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
6 skips (it seems) per hour per radio.

--

I really like iTunes Radio so far. Since I don't download my own music because I usually use pandora, it's nice being able to have a music solution and having it built in to the Music app.

Okay thank you for verifying that for me... I use it almost daily but never for more than an hour or so which makes it kind of hard for me to verify that! so thank you!

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Shuffle?

I've tried to find in a search, but not finding...

Is there a way to "shuffle" stations?

I'm a long-time Pandora user and I have artist and song stations, then I can make a shuffle play of all or select stations...does itunes radio have this? (I use this method most of the time, I can get better variety, and more of the artists I want to hear). I can't find it, but, I just put iOS 7 on my iphone 5 and just started playing with itunes radio. ...seems to be very limited in beta, I've searched for artists in my ipod (on my iphone) and they are not found, yet these artists are on iTunes??? Radio must be only that which the labels license them to play. I mean, I find pandora limited at times, so, if apple won't play independent music, then it will be useless to me.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I have been listening and the selection seems small right now. Hopefully, it will grow. In eight hours, the song started rotating.

I noticed this, also.. I noticed if you tell iTunes Radio not to play a song anymore, it doesn't remember and will play it again later.

Not a big deal for a beta...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I noticed this, also.. I noticed if you tell iTunes Radio not to play a song anymore, it doesn't remember and will play it again later.

Not a big deal for a beta...

I agree. I have also noticed, that when switching to another radio station, it will cue up the song you just listened to or forwarded in the other station.

Happy to have it stock, instead of relying on Pandora or Spotify. As vast as the iTunes library is, I will be looking for a wider selection in the coming months.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
What sets this apart from Pandora?

What I like most is that I can just launch my music app and it's right there. I don't have to go anywhere else for music.

It's also doing an amazing job at playing songs that I like. I'm sure they're still tweaking their algorithm, but for now I'm loving it.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I agree. I have also noticed, that when switching to another radio station, it will cue up the song you just listened to or forwarded in the other station.

Happy to have it stock, instead of relying on Pandora or Spotify. As vast as the iTunes library is, I will be looking for a wider selection in the coming months.

I used to use Pandora almost everyday. The ads were very intrusive/repetitive and I didn't see a need to pay.

It's nice having no ads with iTunes Match. iTunes Radio can only improve!

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I used to use Pandora almost everyday. The ads were very intrusive/repetitive and I didn't see a need to pay.

It's nice having no ads with iTunes Match. iTunes Radio can only improve!

Quick question: Is there still a limit to the songs you can skip even with iTunes Match?

Aylan

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Boston
I have to agree with the good reviews on iTunes Radio. It seems to really understand what you really want to listen to based on songs, etc. The fact that it is integrated with Music is just icing on the cake. I am sure it will be more polished the closer we get to GM. Also, as an iTunes Match subscriber, it is a good deal $ wise.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
it sucks that they have all major music labels but cant have it in other countries yet. i therefore cant use it and probably wont anyway because it has ads

jaustindds

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone know if you can create a station based on multiple seeds (songs, artists, albums, etc). As of now it looks like you can just create a station based on one seed. I like the option in Pandora where you can add multiple seeds.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Does anyone know if you can create a station based on multiple seeds (songs, artists, albums, etc). As of now it looks like you can just create a station based on one seed. I like the option in Pandora where you can add multiple seeds.

You have to do it within the station. The songs you like are what the station plays more of.

I haven't had to use the skip feature yet. I can go 20 songs without not hearing an absolute tune. Beats the **** out of Pandora and the others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.