Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Just wondering when will be the best time to sell the mini before the Ipad 5 releases.

I can live like 1 month without my mini but probably not much more than that.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Just wondering when will be the best time to sell the mini before the Ipad 5 releases.

I can live like 1 month without my mini but probably not much more than that.
Since they seem to announce the new iPads about a month before shipping, I guess just after they announce the new iPads.

I am more interested in using my iPad than I am about how much it's worth.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
I would wait until Apple announces the the new iPads before selling your Mini. That is what I did when I sold my iPad 3.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

sonicpace

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Canada
Nobody here knows for sure. There was wild speculation that we would see it in the Spring and this didn't happen. So it comes as no surprise, that analysts have avoided speculating about a release happening in the summer. Awhile back, Tim Cook made an ambiguous statement about exciting products being announced in the Fall. As a result, many are speculating we will (at the very least) see the new iPad 5 released sometime this Fall. That is a very wide window and it could still be released at any time in the near future until right before Christmas...

If you can't afford to be without it for more than a month, than you probably should hang onto it until after they are officially announced. Apple doesn't always offer their new products immediately for sale and sometimes there is a short delay between the announcement and before the product actually hits shelves.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The day new iPads are announced I doubt the Mini will lose that much of its current asking price. Folks know that new models are on the way anyways and the Mini still has not lost value.

A new Mini 16gb was on sale for awhile at Walmart and some other retailers for $299. I do not think anyone who got the Mini close to its release date wished they waited for that price drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.