Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Hi All-

I have an atypical office equipment problem. I only use Pilot G-2 Pens in Ultra Fine (0.38mm) in blue. They are excellent for marking up documents that I review on a regular basis. I like blue because it doesn't blend in to the page like black and its not too flashy like green or red. I I guess its a weird personal personal preference.

Anyways, is it me or do these refills not exist?

Please help if you're knowledgable about this. I'm trying to be environmentally friendly and not throw away so many used up pens.

Also, thank you all for reading and helping.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I find Cult Pens the best place to find refills they're based in the UK (as I am) but they do ship to the US, I think these are the particular refills you're after.

@ $2.00 a pop, its more than buying whole pens :(
You can eBay whole pens from hong kong for about $0.78 per unit

But, thank you for pointing to a very useful resource. It may come in handy later on.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I'd buy a different pen that has available fine blue ink refills. It's not worth the trouble.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'd buy a different pen that has available fine blue ink refills. It's not worth the trouble.

Agreed. You tried OP, but it is time to move on if you want blue refills or just buy the pens you want and forget about refilling them.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
@ $2.00 a pop, its more than buying whole pens :(
You can eBay whole pens from hong kong for about $0.78 per unit

But, thank you for pointing to a very useful resource. It may come in handy later on.

LOL beggars can't be choosers.

I would just buy more pens if you are absolutely in love with them. Cut your losses. Consider the Zebra F-701 pens. Fine point is something like .7mm, which I understand is wider than .38mm, but maybe you'll like them. I also think there is an ultra fine out there.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Trying to recycle things that are already less than $2 = Spending more money and time than you really should be.

There will be a recycle label on the package that tells you in which way these should be thrown out in order to be properly sent out to be repurposed again. Would be the ideal solution to making them more eco-friendly for you and not have you feeling so bad about chunking them.

Refills are more for the nicer pens, like the two sets or one that costs more than $6.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Is this seriously a thread where the OP keeps asking the forum to continually revise a Google search for him because he claims to be "somewhat lacking" in his ability to search?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
Is this seriously a thread where the OP keeps asking the forum to continually revise a Google search for him because he claims to be "somewhat lacking" in his ability to search?

no, that's that other thread you're thinking of, not this one.

found THIS which is a bit cheaper i guess. kinda like looking for pennies in the parking lot without all the bending over and icky/sticky stuff.

if you would only move up from .38 to .50 then life would be all peaches and gravy, because those .50 things are everywhere. best of luck.

EDIT: ooh, how about... damn, red ink. hate it when that happens.

EDITx2: how about a box of 12 HERE. seller from Hong Kong, site has decent feedback FWIW. with 2.00 for shipping, ends up about a buck a pen. now there is some progress!

Last edited:

macJC50640

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Did you really have to post that? Now I'm going to HAVE to buy the entire store! :eek: :D

Hahaha, this place is known for having lots of rare and cool stuff that has to do with writing.

I think they are based out of Japan, and so is Pilot pens, so it makes sense that they would have the hard to find items like this in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.