Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
just classy...

The text says so much about apple and the competition.

The samsung text will be like:

This is it.
This is what matters.
The size of the screen.
And the bunch of functions.
When you start by imagining
what that might be like,
you dont step back.
You just put the damn thing on the market.

Who will this help?
Will it make life better?
Does this deserve to exist?
Who cares anyway?
If you are busy making just a few things,
someone will get the profit.

We truely belive in coincidenc.
In the dumb luck.
There are generaly onlys "yes."
we spend some time
on many electronic devices
until everything in your house
has our logo.

We are profitmakers, and engineers,
masters of the plastic,
we sign our work,
you defenetly saw it
and regred it.
This is our signature
and it means nothing.

Designed by samsung in corea.

----------

lmao!

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
Wow, most of you are being so incredibly dim, that it's almost surprising this is a forum centred around Apple products.

Designed by Apple in California has a whole lot of meaning behind it, and it's pretty simple as to why.

Apple invest more resources into the design and overall fit and finish of their products over most of their competitors within the electronics market. It means something to them, and they are proud to sign their work, from iPhones, to iMacs, to the Wireless Keyboard - that signature is there every time.

Apple started in California, and its HQ remains there today - of course they source talent from across the world, but there is so much history there for Apple. California has incredible ties with Silicon Valley, and Apple are proud of their roots. They often joke about the "boys up in Washington" (Psssst; that's Microsoft).

It just makes me wonder whether any of you know anything about Apple, or their entire ethos which centres around design. I think this is a great ad campaign. It panders to no one, and it reminds everyone why they're at the top.

hoits2000

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
NW Indiana
I really dislike these commercials. They are creepy and hard to tell what they are for until the end. Waste of money. It seems like they are directed towards people who already own apple products not towards people who don't have them yet.

centrifugal.me

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Ok I'll bite. How are Apple's products being assembled in China with my tax dollars? :confused:

I'm sure the taxes i pay are used so people on welfare can own iPhones, but not sure what the taxes I pay have to do with Apple's products being assembled in China. :confused:

apple_boat.jpg

d0nK

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
UK
Understood. My point was more about why they use California versus America or USA.

For me, "California" brings images of Sun, surfing (Mavericks connection), hippies, Silicon Valley innovation, the place where the arcane laws are overturned and future laws and ideas are born.
Whereas, currently, "America" makes me think of wars, Big Brother, guns, the President and secrets and lies from the top.

Kobalt60

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
PNW
Wow, most of you are being so incredibly dim, that it's almost surprising this is a forum centred around Apple products.

Designed by Apple in California has a whole lot of meaning behind it, and it's pretty simple as to why.

Apple invest more resources into the design and overall fit and finish of their products over most of their competitors within the electronics market. It means something to them, and they are proud to sign their work, from iPhones, to iMacs, to the Wireless Keyboard - that signature is there every time.

Apple started in California, and its HQ remains there today - of course they source talent from across the world, but there is so much history there for Apple. California has incredible ties with Silicon Valley, and Apple are proud of their roots. They often joke about the "boys up in Washington" (Psssst; that's Microsoft).

It just makes me wonder whether any of you know anything about Apple, or their entire ethos which centres around design. I think this is a great ad campaign. It panders to no one, and it reminds everyone why they're at the top.

Agreed. It's a branding ad, because it builds upon Apple's brand distinctiveness, rather than merely selling a particular product. And, I can't think of a better way to distinguish Apple's product from those of its competitors, than by the immaculate attention paid to their design.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
The print ads are a horrible waste of paper - the green folks should get on Apple's case for needlessly killing trees.

They just don't work - especially in newsprint with the washed-out colors.

Verbatim Cookie

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Given all of the bad reputation built up by the Bush (junior) administration around the "USA" name, it's a very wise choice to say "in California".
Far be it from me to stick up for Dubya and company, but it's been said that drone strikes (with their collateral casualties) and secret surveillance have intensified under Obama.

(I'm surprised no one replied to your post before I did. Have any posts been deleted?)

I suppose if the Think Different campaign came out today you'd whine that it should have been Think Differently. :rolleyes:
Would Think, "different." be correct, too?

beetlemanptm

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
Schnecksville, PA
The "Designed by Apple in California" print ad campaign is now running in magazines as well as newspapers. I saw this print ad in the August 2013 issue of Esquire magazine. It appeared in the first two pages of this magazine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 47
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.