Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinitmenon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Canada
On lock screen while music is play the top controls don't work like to pause the music or to go to next track

happened with me when i updated to beta 2. then i restarted and it started working. but sometimes it doesnt work. so its a bug

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
I can't get Podcasts or eBay to open properly. Anyone else having issues with these two apps?

eBay's busted for everyone.

Podcasts seem to be hit or miss with folks. There was an update to the Podcast app recently so make sure you've got the latest. I use the Podcast app every day and never had a problem with beta 1 or 2.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Not so much a bug, but I notice if you switch off "show on lock screen" for app notifications, it doesn't show in the pull down on the lock screen either.

I wasn't able to find "show on lock screen" in iOS 7. Can you tell me where it is?

(P.S. I wish there were a way to search the settings. It's not always obvious where certain controls are)

vinitmenon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Canada
I wasn't able to find "show on lock screen" in iOS 7. Can you tell me where it is?

(P.S. I wish there were a way to search the settings. It's not always obvious where certain controls are)

it is at the same place where it was on ios6...

settings>notification centre> go to particular app u need to change notification for... show on lockscreen option at the end of that page.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK

settings>notification centre> go to particular app u need to change notification for... show on lockscreen option at the end of that page.

Yep, right there ^^

I don't think VPN's are too well optimised yet either. I'm not sure how much impact it can actually have, but since installing a VPN profile my battery has taken a hammering!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i hate how big the silly notification thing is. even bigger than on iOS6, is that a bug? it should move down the screen a little so you can still reach the "buttons" of your open app. its very frustrating when you try to leave a page on your app but you get like 5 imessages one after another and you have to wait for them to go away so you can finally click the button on the app.

matty.p

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Portland, OR
i hate how big the silly notification thing is. even bigger than on iOS6, is that a bug? it should move down the screen a little so you can still reach the "buttons" of your open app. its very frustrating when you try to leave a page on your app but you get like 5 imessages one after another and you have to wait for them to go away so you can finally click the button on the app.

You can swipe away the notification bar instead of waiting just grab and pull up

jasperk99

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2009
Alarm Clock

I just noticed the Alarm Clock no longer has a weekday only option under the repeat menu, probably a bug, but thought I would post it.......

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
1) grab lock screen and swipe all the way to the right
2) release but quickly touch the display again
3) swipe the lock screen back to the left
4) you now have your home screen wallpaper as lock screen wallpaper :D

It stays like this until you properly unlock and lock again.
Pressing the power button to shut off the screen does not reset it.

iPhone4Jay

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
Mentor, OH
I just noticed the Alarm Clock no longer has a weekday only option under the repeat menu, probably a bug, but thought I would post it.......

I also had a problem with my alarm not going off because I had my volume turned down. not good. late to work.

I told them I wasn't an hour late. Just 23 hours early for tomorrow.

junior0717

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
I've had some bugs on beta 2.

1) brightness dims all the way down. Have to manually set brightness to see anything on screen.

2) very laggy when scrolling thru homescreen. (Yes i restored as new. No, I did not restore from any backup.)

3) safari tabs bug out. When flipping thru tabs, safari freezes and closes down. (See attached picture)

4) after killing apps for any sort of troubleshooting, if i hard reset the phone, full list off previously closed apps still appear.

5) apple maps freezes on its own. Have an address that I cant take out of the search bar. When I click the x to erase it, maps crashes.

Beta 2 has been buggier than beta 1. Glad this isnt my primary phone. Will try a full restore again to beta 2 to see if this fixes it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

It never did, did it? I am sure that the only had each day of the week and when you select each day of the week, it then said weekdays. That's what I did before, it then says weekdays, same as now on iOS 7

7y4usute.jpg

mainer4101

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2013
It never did, did it? I am sure that the only had each day of the week and when you select each day of the week, it then said weekdays. That's what I did before, it then says weekdays, same as now on iOS 7

You just don't trust that snooze button, do you? ;)

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
1) grab lock screen and swipe all the way to the right
2) release but quickly touch the display again
3) swipe the lock screen back to the left
4) you now have your home screen wallpaper as lock screen wallpaper :D

It stays like this until you properly unlock and lock again.
Pressing the power button to shut off the screen does not reset it.

Lol. Just did this. Funny :)

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013

Thanks. I didn't know where it was in iOS 6 either. I don't think I've ever used it.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I've been getting freezing, and random reboots with beta 2. Also, when you double tap the home button, music is no longer an option as it was before ios7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Hollowman

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
Dude I was just thinking about the same thing, it might sync with the iTunes and AppStore icons just like on mavericks

Hopefully. I have iBooks on my home screen and it's the only icon that is looking out of place really.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Yeah, I've been getting freezing, and random reboots with beta 2. Also, when you double tap the home button, music is no longer an option as it was before ios7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Music controls have been moved to Control Center.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Do videos on Instagram not play most of the time for anyone? Sometimes the video never plays and I would have to keep refreshing or navigate away from the page for them to work (videos seem to always work on my 4S 6.1.3)

Also, when playing music and getting notifications at the lock screen, when wanting to "Slide To View" a specific notification it never takes you to that app instead it takes you to the home screen. It only does this when playing music. (I think it has to do with the music controls always visible at the lock screen)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.