Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheProFTW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Washington, DC
Okay, so to change the topic, why did you choose your iPhone? Was it the design? The smaller screen?

Please tell!

Last edited:

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
My brother has an iPhone 4, and it's cool, and amazing, considering that the model is like.. 2 years old now?

Seems like you're already convinced yourself to buy an iPhone with your above quote ;)

As for reasons why I personally go with the iPhone?
- quality design materials
- top notch battery life
- apple customer service
- guaranteed updates on time
- os smoothness
- biggest user base (so more developers, accessories, & easier to sell)
- ability to use it one handed

Last edited:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The Apple Ecosystem, which make most things work without fuss and talk to other Apple devices seamlessly, and the galaxy of Apps. I understand Droid Apps are fragmented due to the large number of Droids fravors.

Then, although this bugs other people, I like how iTunes forces me to organize my music from the gekko.

If I wa making commission from Apple I may give u a few more reasons but since they don't pay me, that's all I got.

Last edited:

TheProFTW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Washington, DC
I mean mostly fragmentation like that your phone is new and amazing, 1 year later you don't get any android updates and the manufacturer just forgets about your phone. Sure, there's exceptions, like the galaxy phones, but they're not good enough

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
No offense but don't ask us to convince you to buy a phone. Go to an Apple store and they'll convince you. Go and actually use the Apple products in that store and convince yourself.

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Isn't this mostly a personal preference, gut choice? You play with iOS, or Sense, or TouchWiz or whatever and think I want this. I want to use this every day.

If you use iOS and feel comfortable with or impressed by it, buy an iPhone. You'll have access to the iTunes Store, the best app store in the world, fast and easy interconnectivity with other Apple products (if you own any), a beautiful device, the best customer service anywhere, guaranteed OS updates for 3-4 years, and it will all just ... work. ;) But if it's missing anything - you can jailbreak!

muyaad

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Convince me

So mostly, I want to switch to an iPhone, but I need some serious convincing to take the leap.

My brother has an iPhone 4, and it's cool, and amazing, considering that the model is like.. 2 years old now?

And I need reasons, thanks!

Convince you ! Why should we do that, what is it for us if we convince you? If you cracked your HTC or even dropped your Galaxy, there will always be another Android phones you can easily switch to. There's no need to turn yourself from hater to lover. iOS community is so big that your input has no effect rather negatively or positively. The only winner or loser is yourself by disliking or loving Apple products. Try to convince yourself by yourself, so you will have no one to blame or praise from the outcome of your decision. good day

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
It is the fastest smartphone on the market today. If you hate lag, you will want an iPhone 5. The closest smartphone that comes close to having zero lag.

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
Isn't this mostly a personal preference, gut choice? You play with iOS, or Sense, or TouchWiz or whatever and think I want this. I want to use this every day.

If you use iOS and feel comfortable with or impressed by it, buy an iPhone. You'll have access to the iTunes Store, the best app store in the world, fast and easy interconnectivity with other Apple products (if you own any), a beautiful device, the best customer service anywhere, guaranteed OS updates for 3-4 years, and it will all just ... work. ;) But if it's missing anything - you can jailbreak!

I love how people say jailbreaking is a "feature" of the iphone.

Apple sure does a good job of supporting it.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
As for reasons why I personally go with the iPhone?
- top notch battery life

Are you sure with the battery life? I think one of the reasons people bashed on iPhone is because of the battery life, isn't it? Of course, it depends on how you use it, but it isn't that good on battery life, IMO. Even without playing any games or watching video (just for texting) it sucks up battery pretty fast.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Okay, so for all my life, I have gone from hating iPhones (Mostly cause of the foxconn conditions and some other stuff) to not wanting an iPhone but letting iPhones be to preferring iPhones a bit (mostly cause of Android being as much fragmented as ever).

Also, because I cracked my HTC One X+'s screen and it's gonna cost me $150 to replace the darn thing.

So mostly, I want to switch to an iPhone, but I need some serious convincing to take the leap.

And I need reasons, thanks!

(Already got one, resale value! My phone is worth like $100 as it is on ebay, an iPhone 5 with a cracked screen is around $380)

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
If you used smartphones before Apple released one you would love Apple. I'm guessing you haven't used these devices that long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.