Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alice04

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
I saw a post that iOS7 in iPad is not good. Is that true? The Animations are running very sluggishly. Some staples of iPad gestures are slightly muddled in beta. The whole concept of multitasking in iOS 7 is also less tablet friendly & Non-retina screens are not going to looks as great with iOS 7. I dont know if this is true or not. Hope to have your opinions. :confused:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I read that it was good, considering its still beta software. But you are correct that the Retina screen will look better than the non retina...but that's true for iOS6.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
It's bad form to comment negatively on any beta.

All issues should be pushed up the bug ladder to the developer.

Here are my useless opinions and observations:
iOS7 on an iPad2 looks great
iOS7 on an iPad3 and iPad4 looks AMAZING
iOS7 multitasking is AMAZING

The beta is out so that we developers can get our apps working smoothly before gold hits.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

The beta is out so that we developers can get our apps working smoothly before gold hits.

Apple could care less if people actually used it. What they do care about is if you pay for it or not. If they really only wanted it for devs they could have done something with the activation proccess

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

I saw a post that iOS7 in iPad is not good. Is that true? The Animations are running very sluggishly. Some staples of iPad gestures are slightly muddled in beta. The whole concept of multitasking in iOS 7 is also less tablet friendly & Non-retina screens are not going to looks as great with iOS 7. I dont know if this is true or not. Hope to have your opinions. :confused:

If you're not a developer, your opinion on beta software is absolutely pointless.

alice04

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013

I agree!

----------

If you're not a developer, your opinion on beta software is absolutely pointless.

Ahuh! That's why I want some opinions because I'm not a developer :p
And I just saw this post. It'snot my opinion at all

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Another beta just came out. Wait until someone comments on the newest one. Still its only beta ;)

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Is that neat trick on the iphone where you can swipe between pages on safari possible on the ipad, rather tapping the forward and back buttons?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

There is no iOS7 beta for iPad. Someone hacked the iPad simulator that is shipped to iPhone software developers to run the iOS7 beta for iPhone, on the iPad. And yes, if you run unmodified iPhone software on the iPad, it often doesn't look as good as you would hope.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
There is no iOS7 beta for iPad. Someone hacked the iPad simulator that is shipped to iPhone software developers to run the iOS7 beta for iPhone, on the iPad. And yes, if you run unmodified iPhone software on the iPad, it often doesn't look as good as you would hope.

It was made available for iPad as of last Monday when beta 2 was released.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle

Confirmed! It's so bad I had to go back to version 6. Safari crashes, ipad ramdon pauses, rotation glitches, etc etc...

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Is that neat trick on the iphone where you can swipe between pages on safari possible on the ipad, rather tapping the forward and back buttons?

I hope so. I got used to that so quickly I keep trying to do it on my iOS6 devices.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
Yeah. Although I don't really want to go into too much detail, beta 2 on the iPad (3rd Gen) is very buggy and slow, and unusable at times. But considering 2 weeks ago we had no beta at all, that was to be expected.

Part of the problem is that certain applications feel like they actually just taken the iPhone app and scaled it up, so you have the EXACT same interface as the iPhone but just over a larger area. i.e. Rather than having a grid of albums in music, you now have a list. Not sure if this was intentional, but we'll find out.

emptysoul

macrumors regular
May 26, 2009
I can't say I'm a fan of the dock on the iPad. It looks okay on the iPhone but on the bigger screen it's just too in your face.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
It's only beta. Don't expect it to run fluidly. for that you will have to wait until fall when iOS 7 officially releases.

Don't count on it. That is what everyone said about Apple maps when it first was released as a beta...

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Give it a break already. Its still in Beta. Judge it when it comes out later this year, than rant all you want. Not now while its in Beta :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.