Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
They have nailed the screen, and battery life what else could you wish for?

For me I'm hoping that they can shrink the bezels, and make the iPad 5 much lighter.

I know the bezels are forecast, but making it lighter while maintaing great battery will be a challenge.

What are you guys hoping for?

343matt

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
A7X Processor

I would like to see an A7X processor (Quad core, With quad core graphics, unlike the dual core iPad 4), a better bezel, Colour options (Red, Green, Blue) and a better design and colours for the smart covers. (Even colour the hinge) Intel i5's would be nice :D

r3m1

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2012
Earth
A more than decent support for stylus input like Wacom does - it would require an overhaul of the digitizer - but Samsung has been showing the world for a nr. of years that it is possible and we are toying around with half a**ed solutions, each one of them less than perfect.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
A replaceable display. Doesn't have to be by us. I'd be fine if it was an in store only thing but we have too many oops on set and I'm really getting bored with spending afternoons restoring etc. it's been a godsend to me that the iPhone 5 can have just the display replaced.

My number 2-5 or so would be even better oleophobic coatings, something to make them a bit more readable outside, better sound for the speakers. Better battery and faster processor if that is possible without making the battery terrible (I'd settle for faster processor with the same battery life if I had to I just don't want less). More RAM or whatever to make it less crash crazy. Smaller touch spots to get finer draw lines and perhaps add more handwriting options, and I wouldn't scoff at some pressure sensitivity but I don't expect it to be hundreds of levels like a Wacom. A dozen or so would be a fine start.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Number one wish? It won't happen this year, but I would like an ~11" diagonal screen with a slim bezel and the same overall size as the current 9.6" iPad.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
1. As thin as the iPad Mini (thanks to new display technology - IGZO), laminated display (it just looks better from every angle)
2. Same form factor as iPad Mini, including the dual speakers
3. A7 chip (quad core graphics)
4. 8MP iSight camera
5. As light as it can be given points 1. & 2. above.
6. Fingerprint scanner embedded in home button.

iOS 7 additions:

7. All the iPhone/iPod Touch iOS apps added - weather, voice memos, passbook, compass, calculator etc
8. Panoramic photos

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
That it comes out tomorrow :D

But seriously I've never owned an iPad and I intend for the Ipad 5 to be my first (or a retina mini if that impresses me more).

Mostly I just want continued improvements in iOS (so it is more than a phone OS) and the ability to use an active stylus so it can replace pen & paper.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Would love to have it on iPad 5 but apparently there are less chances as we mostly don't get from Apple what we wish for :)

iPad mini has stereo speakers, so the chances of iPad 5 getting them as well, are pretty high.

sonicpace

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Canada
My # 1 wish is for an enrtry level 32GB model. I know it's unlikely to happen in the next refresh, but it sure would be a nice surprise if we do see it.

esskay

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008

For me I'm hoping that they can shrink the bezels, and make the iPad 5 much lighter.

I know the bezels are forecast, but making it lighter while maintaing great battery will be a challenge.

I echo the same wish list. Would also like an SD slot but hold no illusions that will happen...

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
The ipad 5 should in a sense be a consumation of the initial ipad vision--especially if it weighs in under .8 lbs. I am not sure where ipads go in the future, which is why apples stock is suffering. The mobile "expansion" is sort of played out

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Thicker. The bloody thing is hard to hold on to. iPad 1 was great in that regard, the new versions are a mess.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013

Yea I agree with everything you just said. Add in a microsd for pple who need it, put in a full hd front facing camera and upgrade the speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.