Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillone

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
I am on my fourth MacBook Air since 2008 and have never found the need for a mouse.

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Not really. But if you decide to buy one, please don't pick the Magic Mouse... it's expensive and it sucks.

You'll be better off with an average USB/bluetooth mouse.

Hey, speak for yourself. ;)

I use a magic mouse 8+ hours every day and I love it - especially with an add-on app like MagicPrefs, which lets you define custom gestures.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
Trackpad is good enough by itself for most tasks. I also use a magic mouse for my IMac - I'll agree with others that the magic mouse takes some getting used to, but now I like it a lot.

tehsprayer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the comments, I will most likely use trackpad but may get mouse later on depending and to make the trackpad last longer.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Hey, speak for yourself. ;)

I use a magic mouse 8+ hours every day and I love it - especially with an add-on app like MagicPrefs, which lets you define custom gestures.

I quite like my Magic Mouse as well, but I'm a claw guy so ergonomic mice do nothing for me anyways.

I've mostly transitioned my desktop use to a Magic Trackpad these days though..

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Another thing is that I believe you lose the ability to smooth scroll if you plug in an external mouse. That's a deal killer for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.