Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkoDonnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Love the site, love the content, been monitoring for years finally signed up this month to start contributing and speaking up.

Only comment about the community itself is - the vbull4 look is nasty. Very dated, very 2006 looking, and not at all something that represents the pristine "Mac" look, or the direction of the web.. Infant it's the opposite.

• I'm sure fellow designers will start to slow-clap and agree with me.
  • I'm sure developers and overclocking guys will not care, and say it's fine, and that I should go elsewhere.
  • I'm sure mod's and staff will say it's fine (because, like an ugly child, they love it how it is, no matter what, and won't listen to newb criticism).
But is there a roadmap for vbull5? or a new skin on current v4? Will designers who love the sites content ever get something that doesn't hurt their eyes? or is this doing well enough on it's own that things will remain how they are?

DarkoDonnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
I did skim both of those posts from last year, but was curious about any plans to date.

I can't imagine how bad the "quick reply" and other default buttons looks on a retina screen.

If stability is what's keeping v3 around. there's some css guru's that could really make the board shine.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
But is there a roadmap for vbull5? or a new skin on current v4? Will designers who love the sites content ever get something that doesn't hurt their eyes? or is this doing well enough on it's own that things will remain how they are?

We're working on a site theme redesign, but I've had a number of setbacks with finding fast / reliable vB 3.x developers. Still working on it. Slow going.

arn

DarkoDonnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
We're working on a site theme redesign, but I've had a number of setbacks with finding fast / reliable vB 3.x developers. Still working on it. Slow going.

arn

fantastic. the best of luck on the setbacks/search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.