Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghetto1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Hello.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow for a battery draining issue. I've been before for the same thing and they told me that it's a software issue and to restore and set up as a new phone. I did that. The battery still drained.

I downloaded iOS 7 when it first came out, because someone signed me on their developer account list after I gave them my UDID. iOS 7 is glitchy as expected, and drains my battery drains. I even restored as a new phone yet again.

When I go tomorrow, will there be a problem because I have iOS 7? I don't want them to be "revert back to iOS 6" because I really don't have time for that.

Help please!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
They won't support you if you're running iOS7 and aren't a developer.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Hello.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow for a battery draining issue. I've been before for the same thing and they told me that it's a software issue and to restore and set up as a new phone. I did that. The battery still drained.

I downloaded iOS 7 when it first came out, because someone signed me on their developer account list after I gave them my UDID. iOS 7 is glitchy as expected, and drains my battery drains. I even restored as a new phone yet again.

When I go tomorrow, will there be a problem because I have iOS 7? I don't want them to be "revert back to iOS 6" because I really don't have time for that.

Help please!

Don't waste your and their time by having iOS 7, they will tell you to restore back and book another appointment. I know you might have battery drain issues either way, but they do not have support for devices running a beta OS, hence they will advise you to downgrade and book another appointment.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
if you're going to keep ios 7 on your phone, one of two things will happen: either the genius will refuse to give you support outright or he'll point to that as the cause for your battery drain. if you don't have time to revert to ios 6, cancel your appointment until you have the time.

ghetto1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
if you're going to keep ios 7 on your phone, one of two things will happen: either the genius will refuse to give you support outright or he'll point to that as the cause for your battery drain. if you don't have time to revert to ios 6, cancel your appointment until you have the time.

thank you guys.

how long does it take?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
How do you "not have time"? Plug it into your computer, restore it, walk away and do whatever is keeping you so busy, and come back.

OR, do all this before bed, when you wake up you have a restored phone.

My feeling is you are not a dev, got iOS7 illegitimately, and don't quite know how to revert to iOS6. :rolleyes:

ghetto1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
How do you "not have time"? Plug it into your computer, restore it, walk away and do whatever is keeping you so busy, and come back.

My feeling is you are not a dev, got iOS7 illegitimately, and don't quite know how to revert to iOS6. :rolleyes:

My feeling is you are judgmental, make assumptions, and don't quite know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

They meant that there isn't really time to go to the appointment only to be turned away, simply for having iOS 7.
My feeling is you are judgmental, make assumptions, and don't quite know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

I think it's just a misunderstanding. You should probably go back to iOS 6 just to be safe.

Also, here is a link to a similar thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1603217/

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

Or... it is simply inexplicable that you don't have time to restore your phone before bringing it in. And you know what? They will tell you the same thing.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
go to the genius bar appointment, there they will give you the iOS7 Gold Master FW so that all your battery problems will go away and you can enjoy iOS 7 the way is meant to be before anyone else. Just tell them that you don't understand why a beta drains your battery...

/not really/ :rolleyes:

buryfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
They will not help you if you have ios 7 installed was on macrumors the other day, downgrade simples

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Hello.

Help please!

Pretty much like everyone else said, revert back to 6.1.4 and see if your battery still has problems, if so then it's hardware and you should take it to the Apple store with 6.1.4. If you go over to the dedicated ios 7 forum, there are threads about how to improve your battery life while you're on the beta. If you can't live with these beta issues and need a stable OS, then I suggest you revert back and wait until later betas or the final release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.