Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
And yes, I know it's impossible to create actual living dinosaurs.

What I am talking about is robotic dinosaurs, animatronic dinosaurs. I've been to a few museums where the dinosaurs could look around and roar and other things, why has nobody made an entire theme park about this? Put the dinosaur on some tracks and it could really look like it was moving around. Create an artificial environment of how it's habitat would have looked.

I'm telling you the park would sell itself, you'd have people come from miles away to see this place.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
They have something like this in a few places. I've been to them. They are dumps. Go to universal studios and hop on the jurassic park ride.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
It does exist. We have one here in Edmonton, Alberta. It is called Jurassic Forest. Been there and enjoyed it. Dinosaurs are huge business in Alberta. We have one of the largest dinosaur deposits in the world in Drumheller. I have a son who is in Uni studying Paleontology.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
There is a park somewhere where there are very real looking dinosaurs that move around some and their eyes follow you. Historically it wasn't a good thing when they made eye contact.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I recall taking my daughter when she was about 5 to some park in the UK (sorry don't remember where, but possibly Wales) with some very unrealistic static plastic dinosaur models. She was very into the land before time cartoons.
Anyway she was standing next to one when the tape recording of a roaring dinosaur suddenly kicked in. She must have jumped a mile!

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I remember when I was a kid I went to this dinosaur museum in Utah, and I remeber in one room they had a scale T-rex that could rotate it's head and roar.

It was by far the best memory I had from my childhood.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Our dinosaur museum is called the Royal Tyrrell Museum and is world renown. My family and I make a point of visiting it once a year as they always have new exhibits going on. Kids can actually dig for bones there. They have a dinosaur graveyard just outside.

Last edited:

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
I recall taking my daughter when she was about 5 to some park in the UK (sorry don't remember where, but possibly Wales) with some very unrealistic static plastic dinosaur models. She was very into the land before time cartoons.
Anyway she was standing next to one when the tape recording of a roaring dinosaur suddenly kicked in. She must have jumped a mile!

I think it might be dana rogoff caves you went to.

http://www.showcaves.co.uk/dinopark.html

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
And yes, I know it's impossible to create actual living dinosaurs.

I'm telling you the park would sell itself, you'd have people come from miles away to see this place.

Why can't we? Simple. The Rolling Stones are still alive, as as we all know, they are older than most stones on the planet.

:D

(I would mention others, but I don't want this going PRSI.)

BL.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Why can't we? Simple. The Rolling Stones are still alive, as as we all know, they are older than most stones on the planet.

:D

(I would mention others, but I don't want this going PRSI.)

BL.

Unbelievably wizened but somehow still kicking. Richards at least has a sense of humor about it. Remember that scene from the last Pirates movie where Richards says to Depp, "Does this face look like it's seen the fountain of youth?"

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
What I am talking about is robotic dinosaurs, animatronic dinosaurs. I've been to a few museums where the dinosaurs could look around and roar and other things, why has nobody made an entire theme park about this? Put the dinosaur on some tracks and it could really look like it was moving around. Create an artificial environment of how it's habitat would have looked.

That's nice and all, but the the Jurassic period was the junior varsity of dinosaurs. The most popular of the Jurassic dinos would include the Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Brontosaurus. Not exactly headliners.

You'd want to create a Cretaceous Park to get the popular dinos like T-Rex, Raptors and Triceratops. Ignorant Hollywood exec getting the most basic info wrong. T-Rex and Raptors were from the LATE Cretaceous period. May as well have humans exist during the same time period as dinosaurs.:rolleyes:

WHAT?! Hollywood already did that? Well, I can forgive them that, since Raquel Welch was hot in a fur bikini.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Are you looking for funds to build this absolutely can't miss, people will drive miles and show up in droves idea?

:rolleyes:

That's nice and all, but the the Jurassic period was the junior varsity of dinosaurs. The most popular of the Jurassic dinos would include the Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Brontosaurus. Not exactly headliners.

You'd want to create a Cretaceous Park to get the popular dinos like T-Rex, Raptors and Triceratops. Ignorant Hollywood exec getting the most basic info wrong. T-Rex and Raptors were from the LATE Cretaceous period. May as well have humans exist during the same time period as dinosaurs.:rolleyes:

WHAT?! Hollywood already did that? Well, I can forgive them that, since Raquel Welch was hot in a fur bikini.

If you throw in a Raquel Welch in a hot fur bikini I think you would have the "People will come in droves" park we are looking for! Don't even really need the dinosaurs at that point would yeah! :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
If you throw in a Raquel Welch in a hot fur bikini I think you would have the "People will come in droves" park we are looking for! Don't even really need the dinosaurs at that point would yeah! :D

That's a great idea...but I'm not sure how a 72 year old Ms. Welch will look in a bikini.:eek:

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I came in here thinking the op was going to ask for real dinosaurs. Im disappointed now!

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Because no-one wants to get eaten off the top of the toilet with their pants down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.