Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I would. I couldn't tell for several moments which it was..

But it's not because of anything much they did to him. Yes, he looks like young Steve Jobs, but he still looks absolutely like himself.

When I read his biography and saw pictures of a young Steve Jobs for the first time my two thoughts were:

1. Wow, Jobs used to be really hot
2. Wow, Jobs looked like Ashton Kutcher.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
I honestly feel like this movie is going to flop so hard =\

Perhaps we should wait and see the film. It might not be Oscar winning, but it doesn't mean its going to flop. And anyway, it was always going to be a film for a very specific audience so we can't expect it to blow the doors off the summer blockbusters.

emptysoul

macrumors regular
May 26, 2009
Why is everybody dissing a movie that nobody has even seen yet? :rolleyes:

Typical bloody internet. :D

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
You know, having seen the trailer, and now this poster, I have a fear this film is going to go in a wrong direction.

Steve Jobs had a vision and passion for what he did, but he was also an egotistical prick. Which is fine. So was Lennon. So is Kanye West.

Anyway, my main fear is that the film is going to lift him up to a level and put him on a pedestal as this prophetic, God-like figure.
In hidsight's eye, that's how he is viewed now. History tends to do that. But hindsight's eye, to me, is not the interesting story.

The interesting story is the guy who was, for all intents and purposes, a genius in his field, with legendarily demading sensibilities, who wouldn't settle for anything less than what he wanted, but who was also cruel, petulant, and deeply flawed.

I could be totally wrong, but that's the vibe I get so far.

anthony11

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Seattle, WA
Transformed until he opens his mouth :p But I do hope this is a good movie and I'll go see it no matter what the reviews are.
.. if it ever actually is released, and if any theaters bother with it.

After month after month of vaporware, I'm already sick of the thing.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Colourful ? Maybe, but the poster is ugly as hell..

Looks like someone inverted it.

I think the posters got a typo .. :) Its Steve Jobs ....

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
That poster looks like early 1990's computer graphic design for a hippie or hippie-era band's album or concert.

I mean no disrespect to the film, which I am very much looking forward to seeing.

AppleMark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The CCTV Capital of the World
I will wait to see the film, or see if it gets 1 star reviews from reputable sources before I decide if it is any good.

All this conjecture based on the fact that AK is not everyones favourite actor is a little shallow.

Last edited:

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
Honestly I am not sure if I want to see this movie or not, must admit I wasn't that psyched after watching the trailer, I agree with others might wait to hear what others think and then maybe watch it or just wait for it to hit VOD and then watch it.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
.. if it ever actually is released, and if any theaters bother with it.

After month after month of vaporware, I'm already sick of the thing.

It will be released. I'm sure they are doing the typical cowardly Hollywood thing and changing parts based on focus group screenings. They are trying to build up hype by releasing trailers and posters. But you are right, eventually they have to release it or they will just piss people off.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I honestly feel like this movie is going to flop so hard =\

IMO, the producers don't really care about first run theater sales. This production has cult movie written all over it. You have a lot of name actors, some support actors and a LOT of inside Valley lore. This one will be selling at the Apple stores and on VOD for years to come. Oddly, Woz has been rather quite about this production. I'm sure he'll have something to say after it is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.