Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abigel02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
united states
hiii...Do you think it is possible to do mounting on apple television...this technique helps you to easily move your tv in up and down position...it will also make your drawing room attractive...

GarrettL1979

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
hiii...Do you think it is possible to do mounting on apple television...this technique helps you to easily move your tv in up and down position...it will also make your drawing room attractive...

But what if you don't have a drawing room? Will this still work??

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Lol. To answer the original question, Apple TV is small and doesn't weigh much, so I would imagine you could just stick it to the back of the TV with double sided sticky tape or velcro if you wanted to. Velcro would probably work quite well.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Lol. To answer the original question, Apple TV is small and doesn't weigh much, so I would imagine you could just stick it to the back of the TV with double sided sticky tape or velcro if you wanted to. Velcro would probably work quite well.

I'm sure this would work, until you need to use the remote, then you're standing under the TV pointing the remote up. The remote is technically line of sight (it IS IR) and I believe the receiver for that is on the front of the unit.

Yes, I'm aware of remote apps that allow you to initiate content play through the :apple: TV from an iTunes library using an iPad or iPhone but that isn't the ONLY function of the device.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
It depends on the room setup and the mounting point but IR bounces and disperses quite well, and it could still work. I have my satellite box out of line of sight and the IR remote for that works fine. Although you're right, I had forgotten the ATV remote is a pretty feeble device.

Last edited:

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I take my ATV with me with I travel, so having it on a actual "mount" is a plus for me, but if your is not moving then those are perfect.

Good point, I used to travel a lot for work and it would have been nice to have an ATV2 in all the hotels I stayed in. Yeah mine doesn't move.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Mine never moves, except when I dust the glass shelf around it (and the DVD player the :apple: TV is actually sitting on), but it's hardly noticeable down there anyway. I have mine linked to my Harmony One remote. All my cables are routed through the back of the vertical post at the back of the stand and hardly noticeable.

ericwalker, Albany, NY huh? I'm sitting at work in Schenectady now, live within 30 minutes of both...

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
This is how i have mine mounted. I used velco-like mounting strips from radio shack.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339825076.430403.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339825076.430403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 246

angelsguardian

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
North East Scotland
yeah i get my butler to hold mine while he stands beside the tv, its hard to find the 3"x3" space required to set the ATV down on a shelve:rolleyes:

My Butler felt this was below his station so now I have the Under-footman stand by the TV holding the ATV. Works great except when he should be polishing the silver when he trembles a little with the shame of not fulfilling his role correctly.

LioryNYC

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
New York,NY
If you are using an Apple TV and looking for a way to mount it and secure it, Maclocks now offers their Apple TV mount which secures both AppleTV and its input cables.Maclocks says it for both personal use and B2B use at classrooms, student dorms, hotel rooms, lobbies, hospitals and pretty much every Apple TV Sold.

Maclocks Apple TV mount page

pMad

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
This is how i have mine mounted. I used velco-like mounting strips from radio shack.

Mine is similar.
L - shaped metal bracket with double stick tape to back of TV.
Self adhesive Velcro between bracket & :apple:TV.

IMG_0176.jpg

Toubro

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
I use a 3D printed bracket from Tein Shop, a small danish company, tein-shop.dk.
Actually I use their brackets for all my stuff hidden behind my TV.
The ATV is controlled via my TV remote and an IR extender cable, and the PS3 via a RE*BL box.
bracket.JPG

jonter19

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
I actually have my ATV velcroed flat on the back of my tv. Not on the top, as one poster pictured, but actually on the back. You cannot see the ATV unless you look behind the tv.

Believe it or not, the remote works absolutely perfect. I've worked with this set up for almost two years with no problems.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Mine is similar.
L - shaped metal bracket with double stick tape to back of TV.
Self adhesive Velcro between bracket & :apple:TV.

Your tv is wonky ;)

----------

I use a 3D printed bracket from Tein Shop, a small danish company, tein-shop.dk.
Actually I use their brackets for all my stuff hidden behind my TV.
The ATV is controlled via my TV remote and an IR extender cable, and the PS3 via a RE*BL box.

That's a nice setup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.