Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edmilan

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I have a MBA 11inch 2012 base model which was my first ever mac. Is it worth it to upgrade to the 2013 model?

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Had an 11 just got a 13... easily the best laptop I've owned in my 20 years of owning laptops. There is a reason it's the best selling laptop in its class. Buy it yesterday.

----------

I have a MBA 11inch 2012 base model which was my first ever mac. Is it worth it to upgrade to the 2013 model?

Not in my opinion.

Suraj R.

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
I ordered my BTO 13" 2013 Air (i5/8/128) on Friday the 28th with standard shipping, and it arrived on Tuesday. Standard shipping. BTO.

They must have stock of i5/8/128s because it seems to be a popular option.

I love it. The screen is fine, people make it sound like its un-readable. Its perfectly 100% fine. The chassis is beautiful and razor thin.

If you get any of those kinks with yours you can always get a refund or a replacement. Nothing wrong with mine, love it.

Edmilan

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Had an 11 just got a 13... easily the best laptop I've owned in my 20 years of owning laptops. There is a reason it's the best selling laptop in its class. Buy it yesterday.

----------

Not in my opinion.

Ayt thanks! Guess i'll be waiting for broadwell come 2014. And i'll make the right decision of NOT getting a low capacity ssd model

yokied

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
The real question is what are you coming from? For me this is my first laptop and a huge step up from a 6+ year old core 2 duo desktop. I want my computers to last, hence I bought this, now with i7/8gb/512, and it is fast.

As an iphone 4s and ipad 3 user, the one thing I'd note is the screen is different. My eyes are actually seeing pixels, and they're taking a while to adjust to it. I'm very very happy with it.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I agree. Very happy with mine. Could the screen be better? Yes. Is it bad? Not by any means. It's just not the latest and greatest in screen technology. But it's fine.

The main thing is the battery life is incredible and the computer runs so incredibly quiet and cool.

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
This laptop hands down is the best MBA i've ever used. Between the new PCIe SSD and HD 5000 graphics chip it is incredible compared to the last generation. I picked it over the MBP because of those two reasons. The battery lasts me just over 12 ours when doing general computing, about 2 hours when gaming. It never gets hot unless i'm gaming either.

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
This laptop hands down is the best MBA i've ever used. Between the new PCIe SSD and HD 5000 graphics chip it is incredible compared to the last generation. I picked it over the MBP because of those two reasons. The battery lasts me just over 12 ours when doing general computing, about 2 hours when gaming. It never gets hot unless i'm gaming either.

What sort of gaming are you doing?

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Isn't that the truth! One less item to item to stow. My Air lasts through the entire day.

That as the hardest thing to do - leave the charger at home... for the first few times. Now it never goes anywhere with me, and I just charge the MacBook Air at home when I remember.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
That as the hardest thing to do - leave the charger at home... for the first few times. Now it never goes anywhere with me, and I just charge the MacBook Air at home when I remember.

That's sort of funny because I too am sort of starting to charge my Air as if it were an iPad. Off the charger all day, on the charger as I sleep.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
That's sort of funny because I too am sort of starting to charge my Air as if it were an iPad. Off the charger all day, on the charger as I sleep.

Never thought you would able to do that in the past, now the iPad sees a charger once a week, and the MacBook Air, not used that much at the moment, probably about the same. A long way from my first Laptop which used to last a short movie if you had the brightness down, or a 100 minute one with an external screen :eek:

Give me 1 week iPhone battery life (with real use) and I'd be very happy there too. 2 days is just not enough

Jefe's MacAir

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Buy it!

I'm on my 3rd Air. I keep upgrading and handing them down to family members.

Honestly my 2010 Air would still be just fine for what I do but I like the new improvements and I'm trying to get my wife and kids in the Apple eco-system.

And with the increase in battery life NOW is the time to get into a Macbook Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.