Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amrives

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
I recently installed a Samsung 840 pro in the empty SATA spot in my Mac Mini. I ran AHT today for the heck of it just to make sure the RAM and hard drive were doing well.

I received an Apple Hardware Test Error:4HDD/11/40000000: SATA(1,0).

What does this error mean? Which SATA slot on the Mini is the SATA(1,0) slot. My 840 pro is the only bootable drive in the computer, would that make a difference?

sayatayik

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2013
I recently installed a Samsung 840 pro in the empty SATA spot in my Mac Mini. I ran AHT today for the heck of it just to make sure the RAM and hard drive were doing well.

I received an Apple Hardware Test Error:4HDD/11/40000000: SATA(1,0).

What does this error mean? Which SATA slot on the Mini is the SATA(1,0) slot. My 840 pro is the only bootable drive in the computer, would that make a difference?

Hi there I'm getting same error with same products. Late 2012 Mac Mini + Samsung 840 Pro SSD in empty sata slot + 3rd party cable (http://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Mac-Mini-Dual-Drive-Kit/IF171-005)

Do you get any problems until error. Do you get any answers, solutions?

b06tmm

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
South Louisiana
You may have problems with your Hard Disk Drive. Open Disk Utility>First Aid and run Verify and Repair. See if that will solve the problem.

sayatayik

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2013
You may have problems with your Hard Disk Drive. Open Disk Utility>First Aid and run Verify and Repair. See if that will solve the problem.

Thanks for your reply. But everything seems normal at Disk Utility > First Aid scan or any other apps disk scan (such as DiskWarrior etc.)

Maybe this is a false alert or something else, but I don't know. Samsung 840 Pro works perfect with 1 TB HDD (Fusion Drive). Speed 490 Write - 512 Read.

When I run AHT first time it's giving that alert but when I repeat AHT second time it's not.

Strange

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.