Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
xhotline3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.OMrbDWBJRY.jpg

Developer - Dennaton Games
Platform - Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux
Genre - Action
Mode - Single-player
Release Date - 2013

A brutal conclusion to the gruesome saga, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number follows the escalating level of violence through multiple factions born from the events of the original game and driven by uncertain motivations. Step into the murderous mind of several distinct characters - each with their own motivations and methods of execution -- as storylines intersect and reality slips away into a haze of neon and carnage. Blistering combat, an unmistakable visual style, and a powerfully intense soundtrack will once again push you to the limit and questioning your own thirst for blood.

Screenshots:

Trailer:

Teaser Trailer

Red Cube

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
I love the hell out of Hotline Miami. I was probably the last person to buy it before the sequel was announced (really - about 10 hours before the announcement. I finished it right before seeing the trailer in the news.)

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Delightful game, I still groove out on the soundtrack in itunes long after I have beat the game. Looking forward to the sequel!

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
Hotline Miami 2′s journey from DLC to bloody swansong

It has a new story, naturally, that jumps between characters and takes place before, during and after the original, and the plot that Dennaton has set up here is pretty inspired. As you might expect, your bout of mass murder in the first game kinda made the news. You did, after all, kill lots of dudes and leave blood all over the place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.