Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ooans

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
My 2010 MBA has suddenly started having a backlight bleed on the bottom of the screen. The bleed is not humongous but still clearly visible. It does not really obstruct the use of the product, but it is annoying. And seeing as I still have three months of AppleCare I'm wondering if I should try to get it fixed.

The bleed goes away if I watch a black image, but otherwise it is always present and always in the exact sample place.

Unfortunately taking a photo of it is challenging, but this is the best I could get. Here I am watching a completely white webpage (about:blank) on Safari
In real life it is definitely much easier to spot

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Attachments

• IMG_6775 small.jpg
    IMG_6775 small.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 342

Memole

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2013
it should be covered by apple care so take it to your apple store and request them to repair your macbook asap :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since you have applecare, I'd say take it in and have them address the issue.

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
And seeing as I still have three months of AppleCare I'm wondering if I should try to get it fixed.

Take it in. The problem may progress slowly and you may end up with a big bleed. And.. you may end up regretting for taking chances. Don't you agree?

You got AppleCare, get the most of it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.