Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
I keep getting that message while watching Netflix on Apple TV and when I tested my Wi-Fi on Apple TV and when I checked to see if my internet was doing good also and no problem. Is the Apple servers down or Netflix?

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Ehh, I am not sure why this keeps happening to my Apple TV just bought it 2 weeks ago. :(

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Since you're relying on memory, can you get it to do it again and tell us what it says? I've seen mine have network issues before, it's been a long time, but I don't ever recall seeing anything like what you're describing.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Since you're relying on memory, can you get it to do it again and tell us what it says? I've seen mine have network issues before, it's been a long time, but I don't ever recall seeing anything like what you're describing.

It usually goes away after I turn it off, but after I watch Netflix for a while on Apple TV I start getting internet issues for some reason.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Do you have adequate cooling around the unit? If you have it stacked on other heat producing components it can have negative affects on performance, including network and speed issues.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Do you have adequate cooling around the unit? If you have it stacked on other heat producing components it can have negative affects on performance, including network and speed issues.

It is near my DVR or Cable box but not on top of it and not really that close at all, plus Apple TV is out not anywhere inside that would block the cooling or my wireless connection. Also, I have a Airport Extreme and a Airport Express which Airport Extreme is extended to my Airport Express so I can get more wireless since my bedroom and family room is far.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Okay then... how about the connection itself. Is it wireless to the ATV or wired with Ethernet? If it's wireless, try connecting it via Ethernet and see how the performance play out. Maybe, just maybe, there is too much wireless interference that is causing issues. That's about all I can think of now.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Okay then... how about the connection itself. Is it wireless to the ATV or wired with Ethernet? If it's wireless, try connecting it via Ethernet and see how the performance play out. Maybe, just maybe, there is too much wireless interference that is causing issues. That's about all I can think of now.

This is the biggest problem I can never figure out, I got Sony Blu Ray player wireless is terrible on it so I have wired connection but I still have connection issues with Blu Ray even wired connected. I also did speed test late at nights or sometimes at afternoon Charter Communications fails hard I have 30 Mbps Download speed but at nights it is like 4 or below. I have called my cable company they came out and said no problem and called again same thing all I get BS from them about Traffic. Never was having problems 2 years ago, so I can not find where the problem is wired or wireless or my ISP.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How about swapping out the router and/or modem with different ones. There could be an issue with one of those devices.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
How about swapping out the router and/or modem with different ones. There could be an issue with one of those devices.

My ISP checked my modem and said everything is fine, as for my Airport Extreme it is 4th Gen and my Express is the latest gen. Not sure which I would need to swap if I can not tell which is the problem. How can I check to see if my cable modem is working correctly? I see all the lights on it working correctly.:confused:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
My ISP checked my modem and said everything is fine, as for my Airport Extreme it is 4th Gen and my Express is the latest gen. Not sure which I would need to swap if I can not tell which is the problem. How can I check to see if my cable modem is working correctly? I see all the lights on it working correctly.:confused:

If the cable company checked it and they said it's fine, it probably is. I suggest you start isolating your router and express unit and determine if one of them is causing a problem. Set it up so the router is the only thing working and test it out. Then, by process of elimination, determine which, if any, of your components is the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.