Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmyc83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Townsville
This came up on mine last night. The Phon and Messages apps are not correlating names to number in Favourites, Recent Calls, or Messages, yet the contacts app still has the names.

Gonna play around with it a bit and see if I can find a fix. Just wondering is anyone else has encountered this problem yet?

Screenshots added and edited to show.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.PNG
    IMG_0632.PNG
    50.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0633.PNG
    IMG_0633.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0634.PNG
    IMG_0634.PNG
    95.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0635.PNG
    IMG_0635.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 125

jimmyc83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Townsville
Forgot to add, been using the beta since it came out, no problems with the installation or any other issues apart from the usual app running on beta issues

Nmather

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2013
The same thing happened to me yesterday. I found the problem and the fix.
For some reason my icloud settings changed themselves. Go to Settings>iCloud and make sure that contacts are turned on. Reset your phone and they should start to appear. It took a minute for mine, but they appeared.

jimmyc83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Townsville
Thanks mate. After playing around, I just ended up doing a complete reinstall and haven't had the same problem occur since, and have updated to beta 2 with no problems.

csouthey

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2009
To fix this problem I simply switched my iPhone off and then switched it back on again. Seems it just needed a quick sleep. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.