Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I loaded Beta for 7 but trying to go back to 6.1.4 and it will not let me reload my IP5 with iOS6, keeps asking me to join the developer program which I have and I am logged into however I did not pay the $100.00 yet, but it does not recognize my device. Is there anyway to force the device to load iOS6 when I connect it to iTunes.?

My phone is stuck on 7 but will not configure itself for use

typeface

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
I loaded Beta for 7 but trying to go back to 6.1.4 and it will not let me reload my IP5 with iOS6, keeps asking me to join the developer program which I have and I am logged into however I did not pay the $100.00 yet, but it does not recognize my device. Is there anyway to force the device to load iOS6 when I connect it to iTunes.?

My phone is stuck on 7 but will not configure itself for use

Just press "restore" in iTunes and it does it automatically - I did it for a friend last week over TeamViewer :)

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
If it's not allowing you to restore, put it in DFU mode, and then restore. I've went back and forth a few times this way.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I tried to do that, but it tells me the device is not registered and takes me to the developer pages in iTunes. I can not force the restore there is no button, I get an activation Error on iTunes? it was running before I went to do an iCloud restore and this happened?

typeface

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
I tried to do that, but it tells me the device is not registered and takes me to the developer pages in iTunes. I can not force the restore there is no button, I get an activation Error on iTunes? it was running before I went to do an iCloud restore and this happened?

Call Apple Developer helpline... :p

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
ok thanks all it worked it was just a matter of the way I held down the buttons and pushed it into DFU mode.

Appreciate the help all :)

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
No I know about DFU mode, I was not holding the buttons the right amount of time, so it kept bringing me back to the Not Registered Screen in iTunes. I think it is the Life Proof Case I have, seems the case prevents me from getting the Power/Sleep button all the way down.

I do appreciate the help as I figured it out at the same time you all answered me, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I am going to keep the Beta to my 4S, and not my everyday 5 just in case this issue pops up again.

:rolleyes:

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
No I know about DFU mode, I was not holding the buttons the right amount of time, so it kept bringing me back to the Not Registered Screen in iTunes. I think it is the Life Proof Case I have, seems the case prevents me from getting the Power/Sleep button all the way down.

I do appreciate the help as I figured it out at the same time you all answered me, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I am going to keep the Beta to my 4S, and not my everyday 5 just in case this issue pops up again.

:rolleyes:

You have to download the iOS 6 firmware. Then in iTunes, hold down shift when you click restore, and then select the file you downloaded.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
We are good, just going to use my 4S for iOS7 from now on, can not afford to have my 5 I use Daily all messed up.

Appreciate the assistance all, now that I have the phone out of the Life Proof case, DFU mode is easy since I can hold the Power/Sleep button easily :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.