Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Who ever said the screen makes it faster? As far as "dealing with it" I did that too. I bought the 4, used it until Apple released the 5 (skipped 4s), and now I have the 5.

Sounds like the only person having a hard time dealing here is you. Or more accurately, need to figure out a better way to deal with people disagreeing with you than dropping your IQ down into the teens with a gem of a comment like "the screen doesn't make the phone faster" a lame comment followed by an even worse car analogy.

The entire point of everything I was saying was that the 4 is not a good upgrade because it does not have more capability, is less future proof, and becomes obsolete faster. Just like the 3G.

Just asking for people to read what I wrote a bit, thats all.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
The entire point of everything I was saying was that the 4 is not a good upgrade because it does not have more capability, is less future proof, and becomes obsolete faster. Just like the 3G.

Just asking for people to read what I wrote a bit, thats all.

And the entire point I'm making is that not everyone agrees with your perspective on what is or isn't a better upgrade. For some people, the quality of the display was more important than speed. I'm one of them. We have different priorities when it comes to choosing a phone. Neither is wrong. For you to make some of the ridiculous comments you're making because someone prioritizes the display over speed is just silly. No one is saying the speed improvements on the 4S weren't more significant that the speed improvements on the 4, we're just saying that the speed wasn't as significant as the display for us.

In other words, the speed on the 3GS was already "good enough" for us, but the display wasn't.

We aren't saying the display makes the phone faster and we aren't saying stickers add 50hp to a car. The only person saying that is you.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
And the entire point I'm making is that not everyone agrees with your perspective on what is or isn't a better upgrade. For some people, the quality of the display was more important than speed. I'm one of them. We have different priorities when it comes to choosing a phone. Neither is wrong. For you to make some of the ridiculous comments you're making because someone prioritizes the display over speed is just silly. No one is saying the speed improvements on the 4S weren't more significant that the speed improvements on the 4, we're just saying that the speed wasn't as significant as the display for us.

In other words, the speed on the 3GS was already "good enough" for us, but the display wasn't.

We aren't saying the display makes the phone faster and we aren't saying stickers add 50hp to a car. The only person saying that is you.

So I didn't come to argue about what you think is a better upgrade. I don't care if you think a screen is a great upgrade. Are you following this?

I came to make the point that you should select your iPhone based on capability, and a screen adds none. I don't care if you have some tangential point about liking the screen. That has nothing to do with my original discussion. It's like saying, "Yeah, but Cherries are great in the summertime". We can debate that, but it has nothing to do with my discussion.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
So I didn't come to argue about what you think is a better upgrade. I don't care if you think a screen is a great upgrade. Are you following this?

I came to make the point that you should select your iPhone based on capability, and a screen adds none. I don't care if you have some tangential point about liking the screen. That has nothing to do with my original discussion. It's like saying, "Yeah, but Cherries are great in the summertime". We can debate that, but it has nothing to do with my discussion.

I don't care that you think people should upgrade their phone based on capabilities. I don't care that you think a better screen doesn't add any capability. See what I did there?

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
I don't care that you think people should upgrade their phone based on capabilities. I don't care that you think a better screen doesn't add any capability. See what I did there?

Do you have an argument as to how the screen adds processing power? If not, no more replies from you.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I wonder if they can actually beat 460DPI of the HTC ONE, or just sell a 350DPI display as retina with there absolutely impeccable marketing skills, (the only reason Apple is still in existence is marketing, don't try and deny this, I will shut you down with benchmarks, facts, stats, prices and specs).

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
I wonder if they can actually beat 460DPI of the HTC ONE, or just sell a 350DPI display as retina with there absolutely impeccable marketing skills, (the only reason Apple is still in existence is marketing, don't try and deny this, I will shut you down with benchmarks, facts, stats, prices and specs).

yes, but all the benchmarks, prices and specs don't add up to one package anywhere else.

I agree the HTC ONE has an amazing screen and for me the front facing speakers are cool. but for me the phone is too BIG a phone. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I've had Android phones before that I have side-by-side tested with my iPhone 4. I always have given up the Android phone, it has seemed to large a phone to keep in my pocket, and looks weird hanging off my belt.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
yes, but all the benchmarks, prices and specs don't add up to one package anywhere else.

I agree the HTC ONE has an amazing screen and for me the front facing speakers are cool. but for me the phone is too BIG a phone. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I've had Android phones before that I have side-by-side tested with my iPhone 4. I always have given up the Android phone, it has seemed to large a phone to keep in my pocket, and looks weird hanging off my belt.

Yep, that is personal preference. And I would have agreed with you 2 years ago. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.