Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Cloud9 said:
Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks

I've noticed my 12" PowerBook G4 867mhz be a bit slow when it wakes up but nothing like your describing. I'd say take it to Apple or call them up and explain what's happening. This shouldn't normally happen, at least as far as I know. Good luck!

:D

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
It happens to me too. Don't worry. Its less than 5 seconds (maybe 2-3)... Just remember how quick windoze is with its 'hibernation' :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.