Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook is heading to the prestigious Allen & Co. conference in Sun Valley, Idaho for the second year in a row, according to Reuters. Last year, Cook said he was "looking forward" to meetings with media executives attending the conference.

In the past year, Apple has made a number of media-related moves, including launching iTunes Radio, bringing WatchESPN, HBO GO and others to the Apple TV. The company is also rumored to have a deal with to bring The CW to the Apple TV as well.

cook_sagan_sun_valley.jpg
Tim Cook and Akamai CEO Paul Sagan at Allen & Co. conference (Credit: Paul Sakuma/AP)
Steve Jobs was occasionally found on the invitation list for the Sun Valley conference, including as late as 2010, but his last appearance at the event came in 2005.

Article Link: Tim Cook Heading to Sun Valley Conference for 2nd Year Running

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
What is the purpose of this conference, and who else is there?

It's basically a meet and greet for tech and media industry leaders, with panels, discussions, and various social events.

Usually executives from Disney and other major networks show up, plus tech people like Zuckerberg and Bezos.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I hope he releases iOS, OSX, Mac Mini, Apple TV 4, iWatch, MacBook Pro, Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro, iTV, iPad 5, and iPad Mini 2 at this!!

Ooo and iWork '13!!!!!

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Is that one of those new budget iPhone's the Akamai guy is holding?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Maybe he'll invent some products instead of rehashing them. Oh wait, he's not that kind of guy.

GXPvince

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
As much as these guys make you would think they would have someone picking out what they should wear. Is it me or is their style just horrible?

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Trivia: "akamai" means clever or smart or intelligent in Hawaiian.
Still used in modern Hawaiian-English slang, e.g. "She one akamai wahine."

----------

He's supposed to be 6'3". He just looks shorter walking next to Sagan who is simply taller.

And wow, look at that guy with the suit.
Must be about 8 feet tall, and he's got three legs.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Tim is shorter than I thought.

As much as these guys make you would think they would have someone picking out what they should wear. Is it me or is their style just horrible?

It's you. And their style is horrible.

Tim's height is 6' 3", how exactly tall did you think he was?

rich guys can look so frumpy

He's 6'3" -- the guy next to him must be a giant.

Good to see the focus here is on really important issues...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.