Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After releasing the third beta of iOS 7 this morning, Apple has seeded the third Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks to developers.

The third iteration of the OS X Mavericks beta comes two weeks after Apple seeded the second version to developers, focusing on performance enhancements and bug fixes.

mavericks.jpg
OS X Mavericks is slated for release this fall and includes new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and a new Maps app. Developers can receive the update via the Software Update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 3

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Tabbed Finder and full dual-monitor capabilities are godsends. Can't wait until the Fall :)

Photics

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Looks like a pretty good day for Apple...
...and Mondays usually get such a bad rap. :p

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
There might be several versions of DP3.

It says OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 3 1.0

i.e., this is the first version of DP3. Maybe many more to come (and maybe more frequently)

The Deepness

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
Just Curious

Not asking anyone to betray your developer agreement, but how are you developers liking Mavericks so far?

oatman13

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2013
I have had soooo many issues in DP2, I sure hope this fixes all of the crashes. I even experienced my first kernel panic ever on Mac OS while using DP2.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
well im guessing game center, reminders, photobooth wont get a UI update till OS X next year then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.