Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
iPod 1g. I know...what a flyby...:rolleyes:
It has no power whatsoever. I've tried connecting to itunes and doing a hard start but nothing will make it come to life. I bought it like this so IDK the backround of it. I have had i plugged into the wall charger for about 45 minutes and still dead. Is there a way to figure out what the problem is?
Thanx...:apple:

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I have another iPod 1g that was taken apart so the back comes off. Could I possibly try swapping batteries from that one?

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I have another iPod 1g that was taken apart so the back comes off. Could I possibly try swapping batteries from that one?

First take a look @ the iPod 1G battery replacement guide HERE @ ifixit - battery is only $15 there, but is described as very difficult w/ soldering involved (purchase of the extra equipment may escalate the price to $50 or so). Might want to check locally for a repair option - good luck! :)

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
First take a look @ the iPod 1G battery replacement guide HERE @ ifixit - battery is only $15 there, but is described as very difficult w/ soldering involved (purchase of the extra equipment may escalate the price to $50 or so). Might want to check locally for a repair option - good luck! :)
It's not as hard as ifixit says it is. As I quote somebody who had no clue what he was doing afterwards, "it was piss easy". Reason being it does not require that you remove the logic board and all of that crap, desolder and resolder. Not very difficult. More on a scale of easy-moderate.
thnx

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
So I used the other iPod for parts to this one.
I swapped the lower logic board and the battery into this one. Put it all together, dead, still. Nothing. Is there a way to test the 1st gen iPOd battery for polarity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.