Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncaa76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Does anyone know if you can change the Font color of the icons when seeing the home screen to something other than white? My BG is white and I can read the time, carrier or battery life now.

vzg68n.png

iPhone 5 Beta 3

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I made a topic about this a few weeks ago.

go to the wallpaper preview, if iOS deems the font light enough, the text in the preview will be black and vice versa. However, beta 3 crashes the settings/photos app when you view 2 photos, very annoying.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Font color is too much customization.
But size isn't? They even let you make it a bit more bold if you want to. I'm not saying it will happen, but given the various controls they have provided, I don't think it can be completely ruled out just like that (or really be seen as that crazy of a thing). Perhaps unlikely, but that's probably as far as it can go on that scale.

josiahsill

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Memphis, TN
Does anyone know if you can change the Font color of the icons when seeing the home screen to something other than white? My BG is white and I can read the time, carrier or battery life now.

iPhone 5 Beta 3

The problem is with the image. I figured out that your image needs to be light at both the top and bottom. So for example the car in your wallpaper is what's throwing everything off. Try this wallpaper and it will go to black text.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,467

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I would consider this a bug that should be reported. A user should be able to pick any type of wallpaper and the font color should adjust appropriately.

ncaa76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
The problem is with the image. I figured out that your image needs to be light at both the top and bottom. So for example the car in your wallpaper is what's throwing everything off. Try this wallpaper and it will go to black text.

Awesome, that worked thanks! Luckily I know Photoshop so I could fix it, but for others that would suck.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I would consider this a bug that should be reported. A user should be able to pick any type of wallpaper and the font color should adjust appropriately.

I agree. I think black text looks awful anyway. I'd like it if the text were white with a one or two pixel drop-shadow. That would work against any background.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
i wouldnt be surprised to see a font color setting by the GM build. As far as beta 3 is concern, the OS choosing your font color based on wallpaper is still inconsisten at this point.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Font color will probably be changeable as we go through the upcoming betas. Remember Apple addressing the big issues first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.