Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iMessage app appears to be down for some users, with a number of people noting on Twitter that the service is experiencing issues. Sending a message results in an error, with future messages sent as standard text messages.

imessage.jpg

According to Apple's system status page, the service experienced outages that affected 30% of iMessage users from 3:35 to 4:11 EST, but the app still does not appear to be functioning as normal. iMessage has suffered from several outages in the past, with the most recent major outage taking place in April.

outage-800x172.jpg

Article Link: iMessage Users Experiencing Outages

HarryT

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
iOS 7 beta 3 turned iMessage off for me. Make sure it's turned on in settings > messages.

Jdriguesz

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
Edgewater, NJ
Quick fix

All you need to do is go to settings - general (scroll all the way down) till you reach reset- then hit the middle lonely option named "Reset Network Settings"

your phone will reset itself and reboot, then proceed to go on to your old conversations, close them out and reopen them. Problem should be fixed.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Went down for me. Reentered my password for messages under settings>general>messages and it has been working ever sense. Not sure why it stopped. But rebooting and logging in or signing out and signing back in fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.