Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prophet621

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I made a post before about issues with my ibook and tried all the suggestions (thanks for everyones help) before finally re-installing. For about the last week and a half it has worked great until today. I was comming here to post a reply and Camino just hung up so I quit Camino and restarted it, no luck, wouldn't do anything. Reboot and try again.. nothing. Tried Safari with no better results. So I thought that maybe my router or cable connection was out, nope, other computers still have connection.

Started MacJournal but got a message about not being able to link to library and do I want to quit or continue. Click continue and it locked up for several minutes. I couldn't even force it to quit so hard reboot. Removed MacJournal and go to uncompress it to reinstall but Stuff-it locks up and ibook won't respond at all so another hard reboot. finally, itunes won't work so I shut it down and now need to find the receipt for it.

I'm assuming I can just take it back to the Apple store and exchange it. It's not even a month old so I would really hate to wait weeks for it to get serviced though there is a Mac service place just down the street from me.

Damn this is frustrating. My first Apple experience has not been an easy or pleasant one. Hopefully durring the next few days I can get this resolved.

Edit: Before anyone asks, I did try to repair permissions, actually have been doing that after any software installs but haven't installed anything in days. I also tried using System Optimizer to run service scripts.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
prophet621 said:
...I'm assuming I can just take it back to the Apple store and exchange it. It's not even a month old....

Damn this is frustrating....

no doubt!

have you called Applecare? you get 90 days of free telephone support which can really help when you're having problems getting a new system set up and working......especially if it's your first experience with a Mac......and clearly you're having problems

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Sorry about the experience, but hang in there... you'll get it resolved soon and the wait will be worth it.

WOF WOF – DAWG
pawprintred.gif

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
prophet621 said:
I made a post before about issues with my ibook and tried all the suggestions (thanks for everyones help) before finally re-installing. For about the last week and a half it has worked great until today. I was comming here to post a reply and Camino just hung up so I quit Camino and restarted it, no luck, wouldn't do anything. Reboot and try again.. nothing. Tried Safari with no better results. So I thought that maybe my router or cable connection was out, nope, other computers still have connection.

Started MacJournal but got a message about not being able to link to library and do I want to quit or continue. Click continue and it locked up for several minutes. I couldn't even force it to quit so hard reboot. Removed MacJournal and go to uncompress it to reinstall but Stuff-it locks up and ibook won't respond at all so another hard reboot. finally, itunes won't work so I shut it down and now need to find the receipt for it.

I'm assuming I can just take it back to the Apple store and exchange it. It's not even a month old so I would really hate to wait weeks for it to get serviced though there is a Mac service place just down the street from me.

Damn this is frustrating. My first Apple experience has not been an easy or pleasant one. Hopefully durring the next few days I can get this resolved.

Edit: Before anyone asks, I did try to repair permissions, actually have been doing that after any software installs but haven't installed anything in days. I also tried using System Optimizer to run service scripts.
Wow, that really sucks! sorry to hear that :(. just give AppleCare a call and DO SAY that I already installed OS X again and still didn't work. Say that you are very fustrated and want to get this computer replaced with NO QUESTIONS asked.

Hope that helps! w00t w00t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.