Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hsleiman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Morgantown, WV
Any way to play all the songs by an artist in the music app? As it stands currently if you have an artist with several different albums it will just play the songs within whatever album you selected and stop. Hoping this is just an oversight in the early betas but it's very annoying to have to create a playlist to listen to all the songs by 1 artist. Anyone aware of a way to do this without creating a playlist?

kamalaggi

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Any way to play all the songs by an artist in the music app? As it stands currently if you have an artist with several different albums it will just play the songs within whatever album you selected and stop. Hoping this is just an oversight in the early betas but it's very annoying to have to create a playlist to listen to all the songs by 1 artist. Anyone aware of a way to do this without creating a playlist?

Currently the only way is asking siri.

Patrijz

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
I noticed this right away and for me was the reason to switch back to iOS6. I also thought it was a MAJOR fail and really ruins the way I like to listen to music. All Apple devices I owned (from the iPod classic, nano and touch) provided the best listening experience for me and this was one of the reasons I still choose iPhone over Androids. Why in the world would they do this?! How much trouble can it be to fix this? I really really hope they do before the final release... Or I would be majorly disappointed.

WiiDsmKR69

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
Also - when you select an artist, you have to scroll through the albums , which takes ages if you have a lot of albums by one artists .

So annoying , the artist artwork is a nice touch but man it takes a long time to scroll through them all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.