Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Closed, over-ear headphones?

Yep, I'm doing lots of audio recording on field, and I've wanted these for some time for myself, instead of using the ones from work. Unbeatable quality, for the price, they are essentially the same as the 7506.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
decided to be nice to myself and splurge this week... one of the perks of being a bachelor i guess lol #foreveralone XD

What flash/lens did you get? Also, what's the black thing on the Canon box to the far right? Can't really tell from the pic.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Mooooooore records :)

Attachments

• 002_AOIFE_ODONOVAN_fossils_NEW_VINYL_at_wild_honey_records.jpg
    002_AOIFE_ODONOVAN_fossils_NEW_VINYL_at_wild_honey_records.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 1006786.jpg
    1006786.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 8124387.jpg
    8124387.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,588
  • item.jpg
    item.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,573
  • main.jpg
    main.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,604

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Really loving my bike shop employee discount, it's a significant markdown!

Bought a set of these to keep as spares for my current ones (I have the same tires on my bike now):

CONTINENTAL_0020_GP_0020_4000S.jpg

Pair of Craft body control arm coolers:

4ffbbe66-24b0-4f4f-81dc-f6e59d748315.jpg

My special order should be in on Wednesday. My arms have been getting way too tan lately, so I'm really excited for my arm coolers (sun protection level at UPF 40)

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Really loving my bike shop employee discount, it's a significant markdown!

Bought a set of these to keep as spares for my current ones (I have the same tires on my bike now):

Pair of Craft body control arm coolers:

My special order should be in on Wednesday. My arms have been getting way too tan lately, so I'm really excited for my arm coolers (sun protection level at UPF 40)

you need tubulars

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
I was shopping today and bought this :D

[PS3] - Prototype 2 Limited Edition @ 20€

d8ue.jpg

pwp4.jpg

[PS3] - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale @ 20€

7asl.jpg

[PS3] - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance + Steelbook @ 40€

wagv.jpg

h73n.jpg

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I got this for my mom for her birthday [next Saturday]. She wants a Nike Fuelband.... But apparently the Fitbit Flex is better at tracking steps.

But why not get her the one she wants? Nothing worse than wanting something specific, and someone getting you something different because it's what they think is better.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
When I was buying the washer/dryer, there were two models of the machines I bought. I asked the difference between the two, and the salesperson said..."more adjustments on the new ones".

I bought the older models.

The damn things look like the inside of the Space Shuttle. Enough is too much!

Regarding walking front loaders, as a user of these machines since the late 80's, I have found it's all in relation to the machine being level, perfectly level and always having rubber grips for the feet.

My current machine is a mere 7.5 Kg/16.5lb thing that spins up to 1200 rpm and it is where it was from the day I installed it!

Stinky machines tend to come from poorly designed machines with bad rubber seals on the door that don't drain freely or that hold water after the cycle, in which case you could always empty the drainage trap/filter after each cycle I suppose.

Be careful with running bleach through your machine as rubber does not generally like it.

Regarding rpm's, I have found that thee is zero difference once you get over say 800 or 900 rpm. Everything is pretty well wrung out at those speeds.

What I still love about them is the minimal water usage, the sound of them as they take off into spin cycles and the Tardis like effect that they exhibit! :cool:

------------------

And now for something completely different... my latest purchases. :D

After much research, I have gone full-frame for my photography. I do architecture, landscapes, places and things as my main focus and want to get the most from my attempts. I spent a lot of time, we are talking about two months of research looking at the Nikon D600 and the Canon 6D in great detail. Initially just looking at spec's, I was going with the Nikon, but, eventually the lowlight performance and the end shots I saw from the 6D won me over. I'll be using it on a tripod 99% of the time and not trying to do action shots with it, so I don't need the tracking facilities of the D600. Regarding the Nikon claims of greater dynamic range for the D600, I don't actually see it in the hundreds or thousands of shots I've looked at on my calibrated 27" iMac screen. I know technically it's there, but maybe it's at the outer edge of the human visual range and middle range screens don't display it for us. :confused:

I think the 6D actually beats the 5D Mark III for image quality. :cool:

I've sold off all my EF-S lenses, except one which is still up for auction and the 60D body is up for auction as I type this.

The next lenses for me are the Samyang 14mm, which, for a $400 lens is bloody amazing and the Canon 17-40mm L.

Canon 24-105mm f/4 IS USM L
EF-24-105mm-f4L-Angle.ashx

Canon 6D
EOS-6D-Body.ashx

----------

decided to be nice to myself and splurge this week... one of the perks of being a bachelor i guess lol #foreveralone XD

9271186810_9e416d52fb_c.jpg

Congrat's on the splurge! I've been seeing a lot of these popping up around the place lately.

----------

Also, what's the black thing on the Canon box to the far right? Can't really tell from the pic.

Looks like a grip to me.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Regarding walking front loaders, as a user of these machines since the late 80's, I have found it's all in relation to the machine being level, perfectly level and always having rubber grips for the feet.

My current machine is a mere 7.5 Kg/16.5lb thing that spins up to 1200 rpm and it is where it was from the day I installed it!

Stinky machines tend to come from poorly designed machines with bad rubber seals on the door that don't drain freely or that hold water after the cycle, in which case you could always empty the drainage trap/filter after each cycle I suppose.

Be careful with running bleach through your machine as rubber does not generally like it.

Regarding rpm's, I have found that thee is zero difference once you get over say 800 or 900 rpm. Everything is pretty well wrung out at those speeds.

What I still love about them is the minimal water usage, the sound of them as they take off into spin cycles and the Tardis like effect that they exhibit! :cool:

Thanks for the information. I'll make sure the installer uses a level when adjusting the feet.:D

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
Great game! I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was even though it is so different from the other MGS games. If you like a challenge, play it on the highest difficulty -- the last boss fight will make you tear out your hair, lol.

First i will play on easy to enjoy the game and the story, after that will be the hardest difficulty.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh, gee...is that conversation over?

I have so much more to discuss about detergent, liquid fabric softeners vs sheets, hot vs warm vs cold washing...oh, so much more to cover!:p

Sorry the exchange went on so long, I'm sure it was really boring for everyone else.:eek:

:D
Oh I dunno. I recently tried my hand at making my own detergent using tide as a cleaning boost. I like tide overall. :eek:
Mooooooore records :)

I love She & Him.

Recent purchase and absolute yuck. :( I don't know why is sideways but it is.
image.jpg

iPoopeh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
But why not get her the one she wants? Nothing worse than wanting something specific, and someone getting you something different because it's what they think is better.

Why would I spend $50 more for something that doesnt't work as well? I did a lot of research on this thing, my mom loves whatever I give her. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.