Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xproc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Malaysia
Anyway, that MBA 11" should be a very nice computer to use :) Have fun with that one!
Thank you for the additions!

MBA 11 is actually nice to carry around only.... for normal daily use i still recommend 13"... anyway i will settle for a 11" for this year (1. i carried it around quiet frequently, 2. i never had a 11" before, 3. I never have a 11" with 9 hrs battery life (exclude iPad))

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
things you might need, you might surprised that so much things you can burn your wallet.

1. Quirky PowerCurl Cord Wrap (http://www.quirky.com/products/15)

This has got to be the silliest product ever. It literally serves no purpose. to roll it like this makes the power supply huge, and I'd estimate 90% of people traveling with their computer aren't taking the extension cable with them. I saw this link and thought it was a joke at first.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
1. neoprene sleve
2. backpack to hold computer in neoprene sleeve
3. googly eyes to stick on the back of the lcd screen

xproc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Malaysia
This has got to be the silliest product ever. It literally serves no purpose. to roll it like this makes the power supply huge, and I'd estimate 90% of people traveling with their computer aren't taking the extension cable with them. I saw this link and thought it was a joke at first.

in our country if we did not use the extension cable, we will get the "electric shock". Only when we use the extension cable (3 pin plug), the shock is gone... i dont know about other country... for us is that situation...

previously i googled, and the extension cable have the "grounded" wiring, where the plug does not have, therefore the plug never leave my box since day one...

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Happens in many other countries. In simple words: the extension is grounded, any leaking electricity is safely discarded via the ground. With the ungrounded duck head you become the ground and any leaking electricity will be discarded via you.

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
Rolling w/ the Bose Quiet Comfort noise canceling. A MUST have for air travel. After using the NC headphones I'm not nearly as fatigued after flying. I believe that it's the noise that causes the majority of fatigue during air travel after using these headphones for the last several years. Between those and the MacAir w/ an asst. of movies I'm usually like "We're landing already!? I really wanted to finish my movie.". Seriously. It's changed air travel for me forever.

It will also provide the greatest wifi speed for you Apple products. Whether you go w/ the older Time Capsule and especially if you go w/ the new Time Capsule. Apple claims "up to 3x faster". Add in the added benefit of the automatic backups and it's a no brainer.

Oh, and a Magic Mouse. Have I mentioned that yet?:p

Well, to a new-bee i wouldn't recommend an Airport Time Capsule:

1. It is not the lightest thing (its heavy)
2. Backup and copy-paste are 2 different animals..so don't confuse your time-machine (Apple Airport Time Capsule) to act like your typical external HDD --> so i think until and unless you are really peculiar about taking backups of critical documents via this tool and cannot manage them through emails/cloud/external HDD, then go for it

3. you can wait for a similar 802.11ac version just like Airport Express and get that...i am waiting for them to launch a 802.11ac version !!

Last edited:

xproc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Malaysia
Happens in many other countries. In simple words: the extension is grounded, any leaking electricity is safely discarded via the ground. With the ungrounded duck head you become the ground and any leaking electricity will be discarded via you.

ya... i know my english is bad, thanks for clarifying

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
in our country if we did not use the extension cable, we will get the "electric shock". Only when we use the extension cable (3 pin plug), the shock is gone... i dont know about other country... for us is that situation...

previously i googled, and the extension cable have the "grounded" wiring, where the plug does not have, therefore the plug never leave my box since day one...

Here the Magsafe power adapter plugs into the wall with a 2 pin plug, not 3. This is because the power supply is double insulated, so there is no parts on the outside capable of becoming live with an internal failure. Items with metal cases like amplifiers, DVD players, desktop computers etc have metal parts on the outside that are required to be earthed, so they use the 3 pin plug. Some designs also have a metal shield inside the power supply that is earthed to reduce EMI eithor radiated or that could affect the internal components.

xproc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Malaysia
Here the Magsafe power adapter plugs into the wall with a 2 pin plug, not 3. This is because the power supply is double insulated, so there is no parts on the outside capable of becoming live with an internal failure. Items with metal cases like amplifiers, DVD players, desktop computers etc have metal parts on the outside that are required to be earthed, so they use the 3 pin plug. Some designs also have a metal shield inside the power supply that is earthed to reduce EMI eithor radiated or that could affect the internal components.

thanks for clarifying but i actually not quite understand , maybe i quite sleepy already to think so technically, thanks anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.