Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
Nope, apps can't be downloaded onto the iPod Nano. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple included their radio/music streaming service (similar to Spotify) on the next generation though.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Nope, apps can't be downloaded onto the iPod Nano. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple included their radio/music streaming service (similar to Spotify) on the next generation though.

I doubt it. Music streaming on a dedicated MP3 player? There's a lot of issues with that idea. Mostly because of the API. These older iPods get a few updates in a two year span, then never again. It would mean that they would have to continue updating a product that may or may not have a mass usage still by the time things change.

I would like to see small apps like Audible, Podcasts, Runkeeper, WebMD, Yoga Studio, and things of that nature to be made, but I don't see them trying to make an exclusive platform for the Nano anytime soon after they had such a hard time with the original iPod apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.