Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced the launch of Logic Pro X, the next-generation version of its professional audio software. The release brings a completely revamped Logic Pro application including a new virtual drummer and integrated pitch editing, as well as an iPad companion app.
Apple today unveiled Logic Pro X, the most advanced version of Logic Pro to date, featuring a new interface designed for pros, powerful new creative tools for musicians, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects. Logic Pro X includes Drummer, a revolutionary new feature that provides a virtual session player that automatically plays along with your song in a wide variety of drumming styles and techniques, and Flex Pitch, which provides integrated pitch editing for audio recordings. Apple also introduced Logic Remote, an innovative new way to play and control Logic Pro X from your iPad, giving musicians the flexibility to create and mix their music from anywhere in the room.
logic_pro_x_screenshot.jpg
The Loop has a full review of the new software.
Logic Pro X is the best music software release I've seen from Apple in a while. They added a lot of pro features, but at the same time managed to make the app more approachable--that's a difficult thing to do.

Being a guitar player, I would liked to have seen some more attention on Amp Designer--I don't use it much at all because I don't like the amps much--but I can wait for the next release for that.

Overall, Logic Pro X is a great release and for $199, you can't go wrong.
Macworld also has a review of Logic Pro X and Logic Remote.

Logic Pro X [Direct Link] launches in the Mac App Store today for $199.99, with live performance companion app MainStage 3 [Direct Link] priced at $29.99. The Logic Remote companion app for iPad [Direct Link] is available free through the iOS App Store. Apple has also removed the previous versions of Logic Pro and MainStage from the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Launches Logic Pro X with Virtual Drummer and Flex Pitch

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
This will make a lot of people happy. At least it should until they come up with one feature Apple didn't include that they will grouse about for the next 3 years.

Now I have hope for Aperture 4 though. Even though I'm now using PhotoNinja and Lightroom.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Awesome! I'm surprised they didn't save it for a keynote to announce it, more people would be aware of the update. Hopefully it's not stripped down and sucky like FCP X was.

alvindarkness

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2009
Over the moon about this. And arguably one of Apple's best kept secrets as of late. Close to no substantial or big rumors directly leading up to the release.

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
Fantastic news, and great to a have 'new' product that just suddenly arrived out of the blue!

What I'm looking forward to most is the optimised performance. The past several versions of Logic have, essentially, only introduced minor UI changes and some features, but Logic looks like an entirely new program.

The full screen mode looks improved too, which was needed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.