Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
Hello,

I'm interested to buy an iPad Mini 3G from the U.S. and I was wondering if it'll work on different countries either, if it's unlocked.

Thank you very much!

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Hello,

I'm interested to buy an iPad Mini 3G from the U.S. and I was wondering if it'll work on different countries either, if it's unlocked.

Thank you very much!

Although none of the previous iPads have ever been lock, so we suspect that the Mini's won't be either, we don't know for sure, as Apple hasn't released the Mini with LTE yet here in the US. Check back in 2-3 weeks.

Fernanda111

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2013
Locked IPad Mini

Hello, I bought a Mini IPad in the US, and although I asked for an unlocked Mini IPad wifi + cellulaf, when I arrived in Brazil, for my surprise, I found out that it is blocked, and I have the mesage "no service".
Does anyone know how do I unlock it?
Thanks,
Fernanda.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hello, I bought a Mini IPad in the US, and although I asked for an unlocked Mini IPad wifi + cellulaf, when I arrived in Brazil, for my surprise, I found out that it is blocked, and I have the mesage "no service".
Does anyone know how do I unlock it?
Thanks,
Fernanda.

Which iPad did you buy, AT&T, Verizon or Sprint?

If its the AT&T one you should be able to pop in a local SIM and use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.