Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
When will Maverick OS released? This month like last year Mountain Lion release date after Apple's quarterly conference call or something like that? and the price will be like 19.95? :apple:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Pricing and the release date have not been provided by apple - they like to keep things secret ;)

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Last 2 releases for lion and ML were end of July, why is the holdup on this OSX anybody guess. I would be holding off does not matter when it comes out, happy with ML now.

calpolygraduate

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I'm still running Lion on my late 2011 MacBook Pro, I'm probably going to upgrade to Maverick if it's stable and worth it.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Last 2 releases for lion and ML were end of July, why is the holdup on this OSX anybody guess. I would be holding off does not matter when it comes out, happy with ML now.

Engineers were taken from Mavericks to work on iOS7.

That said, it makes sense for Apple to do a WWDC keynote demoing the new versions of OSX and iOS at the same time from now on.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada

As someone else already posted, I think Apple's timeline for Mavericks is a fall release so it's still perfectly on track. Having said that, 10.9 DP3 still has quite a few major wrinkles that have carried through from DP 1 and 2. I won't list them here as they're discussed in depth in Appleseed's own discussion forum but let me just say I'd be very impressed if it reaches GM status any time soon.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
How would anyone know?

Well given that i'm running DP3 and there are still a number of showstopper bugs, I'd say its some way off.

The latest example I am seeing is that the battery meter on my MBP does not update reliably.

e.g., last night it shut itself down with 0 battery when the battery indicator, activity manager and iStat Pro widget had all showed 25% remaining for well over 60 minutes :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Engineers were taken from Mavericks to work on iOS7.
They were but we have no idea of those engineers are still working on iOS7 or were brought back to the Mavericks team after iOS7 was put back on schedule with the additional resources.

Apple said the fall, that time frame September into December, a mighty big window of time to roll out the OS

duderman67

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2013
When will Maverick OS released? This month like last year Mountain Lion release date after Apple's quarterly conference call or something like that? and the price will be like 19.95? :apple:

I think, Mavericks will be released in October or November when Apple will show us new Haswell-based Macbook Pro & Macbook Pro Retina. And these macs already will be sold with Mavericks

Sorry for my bad English ;)

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I think, Mavericks will be released in October or November when Apple will show us new Haswell-based Macbook Pro & Macbook Pro Retina. And these macs already will be sold with Mavericks

Sorry for my bad English ;)

no your english is better than my english…trust me nobody here understand my english anymore and it is not my primary language….so anyway..You could be right but last year when Mountain Lion released without any new Mac at all. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.