Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rixmax

macrumors newbie
Greetings...

Good heavens... I feel like the new kid at school.

I am self-employed... graphic design, publication design... stuff like Sports & Leisure Magazine... http://www.sportsandleisuremag.com/

Attachments

• sl_0210.jpg
    sl_0210.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 460

Etun

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2002
Just east of Orion.
Yes I'm new.

Hi everybody. I have been posting at another Forum for a while and just discovered this one this morning. The poop thread cracked me up. I just had to join up. G-4 400 AGP.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
same here

Browse more then anything, enjoy some of the more intelligent posts, and a few of the silly ones. The only rumors site that i frequent. Actually the only board that i have ever posted on.... I love macs, I'm a designer so it's kind-of a requirement i guess. I've used both macs and Pee Cee's since I was was a kiddie, then I bought my B&W 400 when I left college and been a hardcore mac evengelist ever since.
I believe apple is on the way to the top of it's game... awesome OS.... awesome designers (even their receipts are cool), and soon to be even better computers.... (got some insiders at ol' IBM) currently I use a dual 867, my ol'B&W, running 10.2, 10 gig iPOD and hopefully a powerbook soon.... just tryin' to hold-out a little longer!!! This is probably one of the longest posts you'll get from me, I side more with Arns style.... quick an' to the point.

cheers:D
Technocoy

tibookowner

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2002
SOME info about me...

Me: Tall, Married to a beautiful girl that kindly took over my old Wallstreet model
fortunately she doesn't mind the fact that she's the "other woman" the first woman is a brand spanking new TI Book! Thought I would share!:p

tibookowner

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2002
my ranting...

Some people may recognize me from the other MacForum been lurking for a while. Me: Mac lover since I bought my first laptop a G3 "Wallstreet" well mywife came home from work..

mikentosh

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2002
Earth
hi all. I've been lurking for a while, but I decided to give the chat thing a run. My first mac was a Classic II. Now using an iMac G3 500. Currently taking classes at the University, majoring in vis-comm. (I decided to find a profession that I enjoy and be able to use a mac doing it - editing) Want to upgrade to a PMac, but I kinda want to wait to see how this IBM processor thing is going to pan out.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Do you go to UT? That is where my sister is at right now. Maybe y'all should meet up :D:D:D... Well she has a b/f so nvm. Good luck on not becoming ultra annoyed with having a 500 MHz g3 for the next year ;).

mikentosh

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2002
Earth
Actually, I do attend UT. But the G3 annoyance has already started. Having trouble viewing text on this site in particular. Probably a quartz thing.

mrpepsi

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't really feel new butt...

I've visited MacRumors for a while now. It all started when a college of mine bought an eMac for his school. (Both he and I are network admins a public school district). I was captivated by OSX.

Previously I had used OS8 and 9 a few times here and there, but it just didn't hook me. When I seen OSX though and seen the FreeBSD touches here and there...I had to know more.

I bought a Dual G4 867MHz PowerMac, Final Cut Pro, and a DV camera for my school. One of the teachers asked that I teach a DV class and the students fel in love with the mac.

I like computers, I like kids, I like cars....that about sums me up. Oh, and I hate programming.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Programming can be fun, though it usually is kinda boring. I like it. Yeah, Mac OS X tends to captivate people. Too bad it has a slow GUI. If it was faster, OS X would be the ultimate OS (it is already the best, just no perfect :D).

Sum_Gai

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2002
Northern New Jersey
I signed on a few days ago. If you've checked my profile, you'd know I still own a Dell with Windows 98, but I'm thinking of switching. Other than that, I'm fluent in the mIRC programming language, and uhhh... That's it.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you for accepting me into your forum. I'm 54 years old. A retired RN & from the USAFR. Have enjoyed Apple since 1983. Glad to have MacWorld back in Boston 2004. :)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Hey all,

I started reading macrumors in anticipation of my first mac laptop purchase. (Which will be my personal computer.) I own a small consulting firm. I have an iMac that I bought to test technologies and try out solutions for my few Mac clients. I am currently using it solely in my office. 10.2 does everything I need and seems more reliable so I am switching.

My first Mac experiances were on a Mac Classic at a friends house. My former business partner was a big Mac nut, but during the biege period at Apple he moved more towards PC's. He is getting back into Macs and I am about to follow suit.

I like the reliablilty most of all. I am tired of Fixing Windows. I do it all day long for my clients. I want something that works for me, and I like to bad talk M$. :) (Although I usually recommend them because it is hard to get an office to switch. So I will lead by example.)

Stelliform

tibookowner

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2002
Welcome!

Welcome! If you know computer lingo, I am a certified A+ computer repair professional... but, when it has been my money at stake, I buy Mac!

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
The first time I ever used a mac was when my mom brought home an LCIII from her job (she's a teacher) and I have played with them since.

I’ll be honest. Prior to actually using the latest macs, I was a basher (you know the type). I would probably still be a basher today if my then neighbo hadn’t dared me to deviate from my wintel world. The first time I used Mac OS X, I knew i had to have it. Apple enlightened me beyond Windows and redefined what a computer was to me. In November of 2003, I plan on moving to the then latest model of the iBook.
Apple OS X. It doesn’t freeze. It doesn’t crash. It doesn’t require me to reboot when I change network settings. It boots fast. Its sleep function actually works. I don’t need virus software. There is no system tray. It lets me run a gazillion media and programming applications without taking a performance hit. And (even though my fellow peers won't admit it) it is beautiful.

My LCIII never needs repairs besides stuff I have done to it.

My name is Daniel Berman, I have yet to switch. I'm a student.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Oh sorry guys I posted a little 'hello' topic on the boards, I didnt see this thread, lol, anyways Im Mahead III, I am a veteran and mod at War3.com, I love Mac's and Apple rumors etc. oh and LotR!

So its great finnaly have registered, I have been on the front page for like a year :D

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Well, I have been on this site for a few weeks now, and I just noticed this thread!

I'm a PeeCee user, for now. Been using computers for a while, bought my first in 1990.

I started as a Mac basher the first time I used them back in 1993. They were mostly Mac SEs, black and white displays, etc.

Macintrash was the term I used very often. Then I went to college and I used LCs, and other 68k color Macs, and finally PowerMacs.

Something started happening. I slowly started 'liking' those systems, and as I worked in the computing center (all Macs) I ended up supporting them and getting to use them more often.

I was very close to buying a Mac back then, but I didn't have enough money to buy a good system, and my pro-MS friend convinced me to get a PC, which we put together and used.

However, I became a Macless Pro-Mac computer user.

My first job after college, I worked for an ISP as tech support guy, I was the 'Mac Guy', supported Windows and Mac users on a PowerMac 9100 running MacOS 7x and Virtual PC.

After that I changed jobs, kept cheering for Apple and telling other people I met about how wonderful the systems are, but I didn't own one yet.

Now the switch campaign is on, Mac OSX is out, and there seems to be tons of cool things ahead. Not to mention the beautifully designed systems and the iPod. And the 'community' of Mac users.

I am a MacUser wannabe in the process of saving to switch!

:D

Now, that was the story of Macs & Me ... summarized! :p

TheMightyG

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2002
Boston
Just noticed this thread. Just wanted to say HI!

First computer was a PM 7500 back in 1995...lasted me until last year when I sprung for the 667Mhz Tibook DVI. Now I wish I had hung onto it for another year so I could the 1GHz!

Cheers

G

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
New Threads?

OK - I've been here for about a month or so and posted quite a few times, but I cannot post new threads. Anyone know why? I wanted to start on in Current Events about the upcoming Mac Expo in London to see if anyone else was going along...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.