Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
^^^^^^^^ The above is correct.
When you tap on the artwork, the title and artist info fade out and the rating dots appear.
Tap again and the dots fade out and the title and artist info reappear.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Still not available. I can't see stars on songs thst do have ratings or ones thst do not. The art work is not clickable at all.

Anyone else who can't do this with beta 3?

V7.0 build 11A4372q

iPhone 5 AT&T model MD636LL/A

Just realized, your last post indicates that you are still on Beta 1. You need to update to the most recent beta, beta 3, as the rating stars were not present with beta 1.

Build 11A4372q is beta 1. Beta 3 is build 11A4414e.

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
Just realized, your last post indicates that you are still on Beta 1. You need to update to the most recent beta, beta 3, as the rating stars were not present with beta 1.

Build 11A4372q is beta 1. Beta 3 is build 11A4414e.

buries head in sand. not sure how that happened. I'll update this evening from home as it is not showing up as n OTA one.

Thanks for the help!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
buries head in sand. not sure how that happened. I'll update this evening from home as it is not showing up as n OTA one.

Thanks for the help!

Not a problem, thought it sounded strange..good luck! Let us know if you get it updated and working.

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
I know it's still in beta mode, but thus far, the more I use it, the less I like the Music app in iOS 7. Bugs aside (particularly with iTunes Match...), there's some changes that I just don't like.

First big complaint: scrolling through artists is miserable if that artist has a lot of albums.

Like many have said, I think the text replacements for icons is more confusing than helpful and it makes things look all the more cramped, not to mention inconsistent. Why do I get a shuffle icon in the main artist view for an album but not in the Now Playing screen? But seriously, what's wrong with a simple repeat icon, a radio icon, and a shuffle icon in Now Playing? Hopefully they're coming, as the current implementation is just lousy.

But on that note, why on such a small screen do you stick all the tiny little controls in the same general area? Forward, volume and shuffle all exist in a space as big as one control in some apps! Just seems poorly thought out. I get that they likely want all the controls in the same region, but I'm constantly missing what I want the way it's set up now.

And this may be a bug, but with iTunes Match, when you set it to download an album let's say, why do some of the songs get the normal circle while others get a red box? If not a bug, what is this supposed to be telling me? It's not obvious, and if that's the case, why have a variation at all. It just makes me think something's wrong when nothing's wrong and everything's downloading fine.

I generally am liking iOS 7 more all the time, but the music app needs a lot of work still if you ask me. It's the one section that annoys me more with time. Hopefully it's just in process and some of these annoyances aren't actual changes.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
How many songs do you have in your library? At some point you've got to organize/group/etc. The "smart playlist" features of iTunes are surprisingly powerful. For me, grouping by "All 5 Stars" or "3+ Punk" etc is very helpful.

Also, could be that i'm old school by the fact that I tend to purchase full albums (if the "hit" song is good, maybe the album has some other gems). ;)

The on-the-fly star ratings are extremely useful for someone that uses the smart playlists. It has been supported since Day One, so i'm surprised they have dropped it. And it is/was unobtrusive for those that don't use ratings.

100%, i get a new album and listen to it.. songs i like i give 5 stars, songs I hate 1 star... anything 1 star gets removed from the iPhone.

a.elilevinson

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
sorry to be the noob on the forum but I'm running beta 3 on an iphone 5 and out of nowhere when I opened the music app this afternoon most of my songs had red boxes with little red squares in the middle next to them and literally none of my music is playable. I can delete songs but I cannot select them to play in any way or through pathway and it is the most frustrating thing in the world

Jab00

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
sorry to be the noob on the forum but I'm running beta 3 on an iphone 5 and out of nowhere when I opened the music app this afternoon most of my songs had red boxes with little red squares in the middle next to them and literally none of my music is playable. I can delete songs but I cannot select them to play in any way or through pathway and it is the most frustrating thing in the world

The songs didn't fully sync to your phone connect your phone back to iTunes and sync it again

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
deleting music

My biggest beef so far is deleting music. Is there any way to remove music besides song by song?

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogurt48
Yeah, I'd like it a lot better if we could tap on the album to expand and collapse the track list. And it should default to collapsed so we can scroll quickly through the albums.

Anyone had a look at Beta 3. Is this feature back yet.

Same question for Beta 4. Is it back in yet?

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogurt48
Yeah, I'd like it a lot better if we could tap on the album to expand and collapse the track list. And it should default to collapsed so we can scroll quickly through the albums.

Anyone had a look at Beta 3. Is this feature back yet.

Same question for Beta 4. Is it back in yet?

Same scrolling through artist. They did add back shuffle for individual songs. I hadnt noticed this before but if you listen to an album it used to last the track number and how many songs on the album. For example 3 of 12. Now it all the songs so I was listening to an album and the song was listed as 38 of 356.

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Same scrolling through artist. They did add back shuffle for individual songs. I hadnt noticed this before but if you listen to an album it used to last the track number and how many songs on the album. For example 3 of 12. Now it all the songs so I was listening to an album and the song was listed as 38 of 356.

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.
I have 10 albums by AC/DC and if I want to play the last album I need to scroll through all the tracks on albums 1 to 9 to get to the album I want.
I don't see why Apple had to change this, the old way was good and this is a major headache.
I hope Apple see sense and put this feature back in or I will be sticking with ios6.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.
I have 10 albums by AC/DC and if I want to play the last album I need to scroll through all the tracks on albums 1 to 9 to get to the album I want.
I don't see why Apple had to change this, the old way was good and this is a major headache.
I hope Apple see sense and put this feature back in or I will be sticking with ios6.

Yes, its made worse by a subtle design inconsistency. If the iPod app receded the bottom toolbar when you scrolled up like safari now does, then I would not accidentally touch the toolbar when I try to flick hard through the list to get past all the album songs.

What happens now is it sometimes registers a touch of the bottom toolbar (such as albums or playlists) and changes the view, when the gesture is in fact a flick/scroll. Its disorienting as I have to figure out in the new GUI how to get back to where I was.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
It's probably been mentioned a 100 times, but man I miss album grid view.. Why the hell would they trash such a good looking, functional part of the app.. :(

You can guarantee album grid view is displayed on multiple iMacs in the Apple store - because it looks great.. I bet that view SELLS iMacs..

And pink, white and light gray? We're not all 12 year old girls..

Stupido :apple:

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
It's probably been mentioned a 100 times, but man I miss album grid view.. Why the hell would they trash such a good looking, functional part of the app.. :(

You can guarantee album grid view is displayed on multiple iMacs in the Apple store - because it looks great.. I bet that view SELLS iMacs..

Exactly - If it ain't broke don't fix it. :mad:

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Overall, I love iOS 7.. however, I'm not completely sold on the music app. My biggest complaint is scrolling through albums.. why are songs lists not collapsed? They should only open if you click the album, would look much nicer. When scrolling through artists with multiple albums, its just a mess! I'm really hoping they change this before the final version. Also, hoping they add a setting to sort albums by name, rather than year.

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003

I hear you on the grid view, but since when do colours make you a 12 year old girl? I'm a designer and I like the pink, white and the light-grey... so does pretty much everyone I've shown it to.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Nice to see that they've actually listened to everything in the OP's post, shows they're actually listening to people's suggestions for once, as with much of iOS 7.

The only thing I really would like (and kind of expected) is UpNext, but they've got to leave some stuff for iOS 8!

----------

Completely agree, the new app just feels like a blown up Music app. Hopefully they'll put it back in a later beta.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Chiming in here to say that I'm having issues with the display of lyrics.

I use a program called GetLyrical to automatically add lyrics to my music. The program works perfectly with iTunes 11, and iOS 6 and earlier.

However, songs tagged with lyrics via GetLyrical display without line breaks under iOS 7, however lyrics that I copy/paste in from a website appear fine!

This has been happening since b1.

Anyone else with this issue?

Same here, except that it seems to be random (which songs' lyrics are properly formatted and which are not) ... This morning I updated some lyrics on my Mac; some of the songs look fine on my iPhone but about half lack any line breaks whatsoever. :confused:

All of my music is iTunes Match, BTW.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I hear you on the grid view, but since when do colours make you a 12 year old girl? I'm a designer and I like the pink, white and the light-grey... so does pretty much everyone I've shown it to.

Some people have extreme insecurities where the sight of mere colors sets in gender, age, or sexual orientation confusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.