Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
So behold...salvation is here..Or is it..? :rolleyes:

"and an issue which may cause audio volume to fluctuate during video playback"

Update: SW update 1.0 seems to have fixed my audio.
Well done
:apple: well done!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 01.14.41.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 01.14.41.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Mavericks

I've not experienced any of the issues detailed in this software update on my 2013 Air that I've noticed anyway. Even if I had I couldn't get the software update anyway because I'm running Mavericks.

So I wonder if they've already included these fixes in Mavericks or if they will in DP4. Anyone more clued in?

Taskman

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Hooden
Probably will do that.. this boom app solutions give me hope that it is just SW issue... dont have any other problems (no wifi disconnects, dont see any display flickering - but i dont use vmware or ps), jsut this sound issue... and on the other hand, sammy ssd and sammy lcd... would be quite hard to send it back:(

btw - how long does yours 13incher last on battery while doing some light web surfing?

I'm using the boom app and I was glad not only that it solved it but the sound became so much better.

For web surfing I have not measured it with full battery till low percentage but based on the average things I have done during the time I had the machine it would be anywhere around 9hrs+.
Since I only had the machine for about a week I have done a lot of other things as well but you should be able to get it around the specified time Apple says with light web browsing.

Colin4226

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2014
Ongoing

I purchased a brand new iMac 27 inch a few months ago and have been working with apple on this since. I also have the 3 year apple care on it. Apple have spent ages on the issue with me but to no avail. The sound dips on iTunes all the while and sometimes on YouTube...unless that is a bad video. The only success I have had was
a. When I added headphone
and
b. When I tried an old pair of external speakers...but the sound is nowhere near as good as it should be on an iMac.
I have been told I won't get an exchange but they will fix it. However I have no transport and am a carer. It is not easy getting this large machine into an apple store some miles away.
Everything else works fine. They want to reinstall the OS but I use the machine for work daily and should the reinstall go wrong I will lose business as I am a graphic designer.

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
I purchased a brand new iMac 27 inch a few months ago and have been working with apple on this since. I also have the 3 year apple care on it. Apple have spent ages on the issue with me but to no avail. The sound dips on iTunes all the while and sometimes on YouTube...unless that is a bad video. The only success I have had was
a. When I added headphone
and
b. When I tried an old pair of external speakers...but the sound is nowhere near as good as it should be on an iMac.
I have been told I won't get an exchange but they will fix it. However I have no transport and am a carer. It is not easy getting this large machine into an apple store some miles away.
Everything else works fine. They want to reinstall the OS but I use the machine for work daily and should the reinstall go wrong I will lose business as I am a graphic designer.

Back up your files with Time Machine. If you don't have an external drive, you should invest in one. Get a 1TB Time Capsule for the best experience, or just get a USB 3.0 HDD and enable Time Machine at least once. Should be a while especially if you have lots of files.

Colin4226

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2014
Thanks

Cheers and I have done that but my worry is the time the machine will be out of use should it do wrong when its just a sound issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.