Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I think she was just trying really to stay politically correct. She basically spent 24 minutes trying not to say "we're pissed at Russia for helping Snowden" because, as we all know, everything in politics has to be done and said very carefully. Saying something anti-Russian would only make them more likely to give Snowden asylum.

I also think it would be a really good idea for the government to "let it go" with this one. When a huge majority of the population feels like Snowden is a whistleblower, and the public is suddenly aware of a huge privacy invasion, what do they have to gain by prosecuting him? They should just drop the charges and permanently ban him from government work.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I think she was just trying really to stay politically correct. She basically spent 24 minutes trying not to say "we're pissed at Russia for helping Snowden" because, as we all know, everything in politics has to be done and said very carefully. Saying something anti-Russian would only make them more likely to give Snowden asylum.

I also think it would be a really good idea for the government to "let it go" with this one. When a huge majority of the population feels like Snowden is a whistleblower, and the public is suddenly aware of a huge privacy invasion, what do they have to gain by prosecuting him? They should just drop the charges and permanently ban him from government work.

He should be given the Medal of Honor and appointed to watch the NSA and prevent further privacy invasions. Yes I know the Medal of Honor is supposed to be for the military but it is the highest honor. Then fire every government contractor and employee who did not alert the public.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.